Pipeline - Airside (Ramp Services) Agent
- Swissport International Ltd - 20 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/swissport-international-ltd/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/5413f867-a31b-48b1-ac21-d6783528bd86131303290640978348.png
Jersey, Crown Dependencies
This posting is a Pipeline only that provides the opportunity for you to register your interest for future job openings. You will not be selected for an interview or hired until you actually apply for a current job opening or are matched to a relevant job posting by the relevant Recruitment Team.
Please note that the Pipeline can be withdrawn at any time.
This position is for casual hours only, approx. 10hrs per week
Ramp Services Agents provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Ramp agent