IT Senior Database Administrator - Mongo DB
- flydubai - 10 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/flydubai/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/0f54fd68-deef-46fd-94aa-6daf73d11675130597717898226000.png
Hyderabad Colony, Uttar Pradesh, India
The IT Senior Database Administrator administers, oversees database implementation and design both on premise and on private and public cloud. The role is responsible for database administration, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, new database implementation, security, patches and upgrades. The role will troubleshoot problems related to databases, enforces policies and standards for all database activities, ensures all databases including the backups are healthy, monitors as well as maintains and organizes reporting for the databases.
1. Administer the mongo database and support the mongo related daily activities.
2. Install, deploy and manage MongoDB on physical and virtual machines.
3. Highly skilled in mongo performance tuning for high throughput and large data loads.
4. Manage mongo DB in AWS EC2 environment.
5. Configure large-scale MongoDB shared clusters.
6. Support MongoDB in a high availability, multi-data center environment.
7. Administer MongoDB Ops Manager, backups and automation. Automate routine tasks with shell scripts and industry standard tools
8. Improve database backups and regular recovery testing.
9. Secure Mongo DB environment with standard security practices.
10. Document data modelling on Mongo DB for application requirement and better performance.
11. Maintain database performance and capacity planning.
12. Write documentation and collaborate with technical peers online
13. Design mongo DB for high availability and for data center failures.
14. Administer and support daily MySQL database tasks.
15. Administer and support daily Oracle database tasks.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
â€¢ University Graduate specializing in IT, Math or Science
â€¢ 4+ years Mongo deployment experience
â€¢ 4+ years MongoDB production support
â€¢ 4+ years Linux OS experience in a production environment
â€¢ Experience in Cloudera Big data platform is plus.
â€¢ BS or BA degree, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education, training or work experience
â€¢ MongoDB Ops Manager experience
â€¢ Experience on mongo sharing
Knowledge / Skills
â€¢ Linux Shell scripting
â€¢ Extensive Mongo DBA skills
â€¢ Scripting skills (Python or Ruby)
Certificate / License required
â€¢ MongoDB certification.
â€¢ ITIL Certification
â€¢ AWS or AZURE Cloud certification
â€¢ Customer Focus
â€¢ Team work
â€¢ Effective Communication
â€¢ Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
â€¢ Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent and should be deleted immediately and not responded to .
flydubai does not send emails, letters or other messages requesting your bank account details
in order to process documents. flydubai will also never refer you to a third party to process applications or visas. Official communications from flydubai will only come from an email
address ending in Apply and job opportunities with flydubai are advertised on
If you receive any e-mail, letter or other message which you have not requested or are
expecting and it purports to be from flydubai, please contact us at Apply and include the subject line â€?Recruitment Fraudâ€ to confirm the authenticity of the message.
- Full time
Posted 2 Aug 2019
Closes 30 Dec 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT