Supplier Quality Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
As a Supplier Quality Engineer at GE Aviation, you will drive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification processes and own supplier results, drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans where needed.
- Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development, including supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence
- Technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors
- Works with GE Aviation leadership and others to identify issues and develop solutions, balancing both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
- Provides technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
- Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Supplier Quality, Manufacturing, or Production Quality
- Engineering degree from an accredited university or college
- Ability to review documentation and witness supplier
practices to determine if sound manufacturing and inspection principles are in
- Solid understanding of geometric dimensioning and
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 13 Jul 2019
Closes 11 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control