Senior Fire Protection & Safety Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Senior Fire Protection & Safety Engineer will manage a business-wide programmatic approach to facility loss prevention and risk reduction. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert to GE Aviation Global Facilities in all matters pertaining to facility fire protection, loss prevention, life safety and human element programs.
This individual will also be a dedicated internal resource for business and Plant Leaders as they assess risks and abatements.
- Primary Liaison with the Property Risk Insurer (PRI)
- Collaborate closely with the PRI and Aviation facilities to evaluate and address recommendations
- Institute internal business loss prevention programs and associated standards
- Conduct internal loss prevention inspections to drive plant level improvement and compliance with loss prevention standards and applicable codes (NFPA, NEC, PRI standards)
- Consult on engineering project teams to incorporate loss prevention measures into all capital projects, especially new plant construction
- Provide technical advice to contractors, architects and engineers while reviewing system plans, monitoring code information and conducting site inspections for new construction projects
- Develop scope for engineering projects focused on improving loss prevention, Fire Suppression System Upgrades, Building Structural Upgrades
- Flammable Liquid Systems Modifications, etc.
- Prepare technical or operational reports
- Lead root cause analysis of losses and prevention system failures
- Core member of the Business Continuity Planning Council
- Develop training materials and conduct training sessions on fire protection
- Lead the exploration of safer fire protection methods and products (e,g., Replacement for CO2 in Test Cells)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Industrial Project, engineering and / or fire abatement consulting
- Ability to travel domestically and globally up to 25%
- Must possess a NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) Certified Fire Protection Specialist accreditation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Prior EHS experience strongly preferred
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Ohio;Evendale, Cincinnati;
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager