Import / Export Logistics Specialist
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
The Import / Export Specialist is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Responsible for the import / export country compliance processes
- Work closely with finance and operations teams to develop processes to assure compliance with all country requirements
- Responsible for implementing processes consistent with local regulations, and will be responsible, operationally, for driving adherence to each process
- Raising of monthly /Quartly HMRC reports
- Responsible for integrating the compliance processes into the process, working closely with portfolio specialists to operationally compliance
- Develop and own operational metrics to assure compliance to all import / export country compliance processes Initiate and follow up on all international purchases / sales
- Prepare / maintain reporting of current status and progress of all import / export activity to operational and finance teams
- Provide guidance and support in the selection of vendors related to imports/exports such as transportation, insurance, storage, customs agents, etc and follow up and control of all activities with those parties
- Handle all traffic and export tasks, including inquiries, quotations, and purchase orders
- Prepare and verify shipping documentation and arrange and monitor transportation
- Responsible for any other administrative duties and customer service as needed
- Attend and support CH20 Daily operating rhythms with departmental concerns and present performance when required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent other qualification or demonstrable experience in an import/export or logistics role or equivalent knowledge or experience
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
- Additional experience in import/exports and logistics is preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment with strong project management skills
- Six Sigma training is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Can do attitude and willing to grow
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking ou
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Freight