Quality Release Staff
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
The role (known internally as Certified Release Staff) will be responsible for all Product Final Release of Cheltenham Product in line with the Site Quality Management System & Civil Aerospace regulatory requirements based in CH20 Product Release Centre reporting into the Logistics Leader. This role will require shifts.
The staff within CH20 are responsible for all OE product release that requires certification/airworthiness release from the Cheltenham facility.
Reporting to the Logistics Leader. In this role you will be required to meet day to day short term objectives and resolve issues through immediate action or short term planning.
Working closely with the Logistics Outbound Team Leader you will run a daily CCC and escalate any actions that require support up through CH20 daily BUCC.
You will ensure that final unit / spares quality releases are moving through the process ensuring CH20 maximises output for both OTD & COGS output.
- Raise release documentation from the business system
- Certificate EASA Form 1 Airworthiness Relesase on behalf of GE Aviaition
- Perform external/internal delegated Source Inspection on applicable customer products
- Co-ordinate arrangements for Customers/Regulatory/Government Source Inspection
- Assist in defining, monitoring & improving CH20 release centre daily metrics
- Assist to identify, drive, mentor and implement solutions that drive improvement
- Strong Knowledge of TipQA & Oracle business systems
- Support Logistic Outbound Team Leader in daily meeting to drive actions and improvements
- Find ways of enhancing flexibily within the release centre and allow more prodcut into CH20 - Cross Training / Skills Matrix
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent other qualification or demonstrable experience in an import/export or logistics role) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Demonstrable competence in an import / export or logistics role
- HMRC Special Programmes knowledge
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Leadership Experience
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensure that they are met
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control