Lead Operational Accounting Controller
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
The Lead Operational Accounting Controller will be responsible for providing key controllership leadership and guidance to the finance and non-finance teams of the facility. It is a critical part of the finance function reporting into the Site Finance Leader and will be responsible for managing the Balance Sheet and any associated risk. The role includes active involvement in financial reporting, forecasting, the implementation of policies and internal controls and leading audit requirements.
- Absolute responsibility for the Balance Sheet including risk management, forecasting, reporting and ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards
- Engaging with a broad range of teams, including Controllership, the Accounting CoE and operational teams in order to ensure the balances under your control are accounted for accurately and compliantly
- Responsible for leading the Site Finance Team through the Month End Closing cycle ensuring all timeframes are achieved and reviewing the processes to drive efficiency.
- Actively participate in the Financial Closing and Reporting activities of the site, producing quarterly balance sheet commentaries for review by P&L Leaders and the Controllership Team
- Thoroughly analyse and understand the Balance Sheet to drive operating performance in the business, identify growth opportunities and manage risk
- Produce and review account reconciliations, driving quality, simplification and standardisation
- Lead on all audit requirements, internal and external, co-ordinating the audits and regularly providing updates on progress
- Management of staff under your control
- Be the key contact for the UK statutory and Tax Teams
- Ad hoc duties as required, including VAT returns, National Statistics and Grant Claims
- Ensure compliance with GE policies and facilitate the implementation of new policies and new tools impacting finance reporting
- A degree in accounting or finance and/or a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/QBE) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Post qualification experience in auditing, accounting or financial reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency of US and UK Accounting Standards
- Sound technical background including an understanding of foreign exchange
- Strong analytical skills. Be able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS .
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Flexible work style, ability to work under pressure and be able to adapt your working patterns accordingly
- Excellent communication skills with experience of working across multiple levels (including executive level) and across various functions and be able to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
- Competent in managing and influencing teams/individuals
- Experience in leading and owning various initiatives with little supervision
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and proce
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Airline finance
Recommended, similar jobs
Greater London, England