Sr Staff Cyber Security Architect
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The GE Aviation Team is hiring a Cyber Security Architect. This person will work on multiple projects as a technical lead in the architectural design and deployment of security prevention & detection tools. This person be an important part of the Cyber Security team on keeping the business safe from any external threats.
- Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth cybersecurity knowledge with good working knowledge of other architecture areas.
- Works across multiple technical or functional domains.
- Participates in the EA domain governance model.
- Seen as a technical lead for one or more cyber technical sub-domains.
- Leads and coordinates the cybersecurity technical and business discussions relative to future cybersecurity tools architecture across the product portfolio or product line. Analyzes, designs and develops a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Review and/or analyzes, develops, and leads deployment of key cybersecurity tools.
- Leads the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
- Develops, motivates and directs staff to create a team environment.
- Participates in security architecture reviews to identify security defects or mis-configurations.
- Works on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver security solutions for the business.
- Act as adviser and coach to junior team members. May allocate and be responsible for the quality of work in others, including leading teams of teams to accomplish project deliverables. May train new team members in specific technology or process area.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Architectural IT
- Experience in the architectural design and deployment of security detection and security management tools (from design, to actual hands on deployment of EDR, HIDS, IPS, Anti-virus, SIEM; on premise as well as in public cloud such as AWS).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government SECRET security clearance.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. #LI-AG1 #AVICyberJob
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Michigan, Ohio;Van Buren, Michigan; Evendale, Cincinnati;
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Airport security