TDI- Inspector - 2nd or 3rd shift (Product Integrity Specialist)
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
The GE Aviation - TDI site is looking for a 2nd or 3rd shift inspector. This individual will be responsible for testing and inspecting Aviation product at various stages of the production and/or repair process.
• Tests for items such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics.
• Suggests modifications of existing quality or production standards
• Uses standard shop measuring devices. This includes micrometers, verniers, 10x Otoscope, shim stock, depth gages, plug gages and comparator
• Analyze and communicate non-conforming hardware and documentation using blueprints, CID's, MOSs, specifications, etc.
• Assists Cell Leaders and Engineering Technicians in implementing corrective actions
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or General education Degree (GED), plus two years progressive experience with manufacturing inspection.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Able to successfully pass a vision screen. This may include a test for color blindness. Successfully pass the Final Inspection Test.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Completed Six Sigma training. Able to present ideas to others in both written and oral form. Proven problem solver.
ADDITIONALLY: Must have a strong attention to detail. Must be willing to work overtime as needed. Must act with integrity, compliance and display excellent customer service. Must have effective communication skills in working with and responding to team members, coaches, leaders and customers.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer