Advanced Lead Engineer GE Catalyst Control Software System
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rivalta di Torino, Piemonte, Italy
The GE Catalyst Control Software System Engineer will be responsible for the development and life cycle of the GE Catalyst control software in compliance with the Catalyst Engine development and certification schedule, with the engine and propeller control system requirements and with all the applicable regulations relevant to the airborne software certification process (i.e. DO-178C, DO-330).
- In this role you will manage software high level requirements and the requirements flow down, from system level to software levels and liaising with all the independent organizations or suppliers involved within the project.
- In addition you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- The GE Catalyst Control Software System Engineer is responsible to establish the software requirements, to establish and maintain the software high level requirements, to look after the requirements flow down from system to software level, to liaise with the software independent organization or suppliers to provide technical and programmatic guidance on software design, verification and validation approach and certification report and process execution.
- The role includes responsibilities leading to the software delivery plan execution to meet business needs across the organization in compliance with the inputs and targets established by the GE Catalyst Control Software Engineering Manager.
- Execute, with limited guidance, the analysis and the evaluation of the deliverables of assigned aircraft engine projects that meet business standards, practices and procedures and the product/program requirements.
- Document and maintain software requirements
- Document and maintain high level software requirements to ensure complete coverage and traceability versus control system or higher level software requirements Liaise, as the main stakeholder, with the GE Catalyst software independent organizations or suppliers
- Provide technical and programmatic guidance to the software independent organizations or suppliers, meeting business needs and targets established within the GE Catalyst Control Software Engineering
- Lead the software design reviews
- Contribute to the software requirements and design models change, configuration and problem reports management
- Contribute to the verification and validation software analyses results reviews
- Review system operation in hardware-in-the-loop lab tests (dry rigs and wet rigs), ground engine tests, flight tests
- Ensure adherence to GE HW/SW development process including support for internal and external process audits
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned tasks is consistent with engineering policies and procedures while delivering control system certification reports for the US FAA, European EASA and other national airworthiness agencies
- Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments
- Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams
- Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments
- Lead process standardization and GE Simplification efforts that improve productivity, quality and speed required to deliver world class control solutions to GE Aviation customers
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Master's Degree in Aerospace or Computer Science Engineering
- Previous experience in an equivalent engineering position
- Good knowledge of the DO-178C/330 airborne software qualification processes
- Very strong skills in computer software development and implementation
- Very strong knowledge of software change and configuration management methodologies
- Understanding of systems engineering in the context of aerospace systems, equipment and the integration of equipment within laboratory environments and platforms Understanding of engine and propeller controls principles
- Eu work permit
- Italian and English language both written and spoken
- Proficiency with software engineering tools (e.g. DOORS, SCADE, Matlab, Simulink, NPSS, Change & Synergy), programming languages (ANSI C, MISRA C) and processes for requirements & logic design, simulation and validation within simulated environment
- Strong focus on program execution and goals' achievements
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to guide
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Air traffic control