Quality Inspector - Additive Pitt CEC
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for performing quality inspection activities to verify that all parts and products comply with the required GE quality requirements.
- Maintaining product standards through the application of rigorous inspection techniques
- Reviewing supporting documentation from outside vendors to ensure conformity with relevant technical requirements referenced within relevant drawings, specifications and standards Inspect products associated documentation to confirm compliance with GE specifications and standards
- Using, controlling and caring for inspection metrology equipment and ensuring the valid calibration status of such items Identifying, controlling and reporting all non-conforming product in the Quality system for accurate and timely record keeping Identifying and driving continuous improvement opportunities
- Adherence to and compliance with company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all times
- Adherence to and compliance with company and regulatory Quality management system requirements at all times
- Any essential function deemed necessary by the Operations Manager to meet demand
- Associate's degree from a science related degree or certification and minimum of 3 years of manufacturing or quality experience
- High School Diploma / GED and minimum of 7 years of quality or manufacturing experience
- Detailed knowledge of inspection and metrology techniques and processes
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing drawings, geometric and dimensional tolerances and specifications
- Knowledge of and familiarity with relevant company and industry standards
- Detailed knowledge of requirements associated with the control of monitoring and measuring devices
- Experience in the additive technology industry Experience using CT, CMM and blue light machines for inspection
- Has an engineering background, such as time-served mechanical or electrical technician ASNT NDT Certification (Level II or Level III preferred) for Visual / Optical, Liquid Penetrant, Radiographic and Ultrasonic testing
- Good communication skills
- Flexible attitude to working patterns
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Pennsylvania;Findlay Township; Pittsburgh;
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer