Project Planning Specialist
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
The Project Analyst works with engineering project teams to manage project metrics, earned value, cost, schedule and materials through the project life cycle. In this role, you will proactively analyze project data and work directly with project teams to address variances and properly report/manage project data/metrics. You will work with proposal/project management to help plan/schedule new projects. You will assist finance/sourcing teams with specific tasks activities as required.
- Ensures project implementation as well as work packages and constraints are accurately integrated into project planning scenario.
- Responsible for monitoring progress and producing accurate projections of time and cost.
- Ensures other functions have access to accurate current reports and projections and relevant reports are available for the customer.
- Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
- Contributes to plan of larger unit.
- Works together with high level people from the business at SPB and EB level.
- In this role, you will support project / programme management activities for projects undertaken by the engineering organization. In addition, you will:
- Analyze project data to find and address problems before they occur.
- Report on project metrics both across the organization and to senior leadership.
- Communicate project data to engineering leadership, program management and business leadership, and finance.
- Promote active collaboration among engineering, business, and finance.
- Create and maintain cost and schedule information for projects.
- Collect earned value and forecast data from project teams, and in turn help them understand the status of their projects relative to the project baseline and fiscal year constraints.
- Directly engage with project management, technical leadership, sourcing, subcontracts and procurement to actively manage and track purchased services and
- Proactively engage with project teams to ensure project success.
- Produce labour vouchering reporting.
- Product Resource Supply and Demand charts & data as required.Assist with the development of following year SII & Op Plan data for finance.
- Support the Programmes team with Sales Orders and Invoicing processing.
- Support business queries from Apply and investigate any emergent issues.
- Represent the site at Change Control Boards for the project toolset.
- Collate financials for customer cost audits.
- Input to the Basis of Estimate Tool and provide for its Apply people files for weekly hours reporting (R12) for Eastleigh site employees.
- Support monthly finance reports of revenue figures.
- Complete project hours transfer requests.
- Provide ad-hoc project reporting & support when required.
- Respond to queries from finance teams as and when required.
- Promote and develop functional links and good working relationships with offsite PA, finance and sourcing communities.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University (or a High School Diploma / GED?
- Experience in a project analyst position.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite of applications especially MS Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Analytical and energetic nature.
- Self-motivated and driven.
- Experience in Project Analysis.
- Experience in Earned Value Management.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Knowledge of Deltek suite of applications.
- Knowledge of Apply.
- Knowledge of MyTime hours reporting system.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cuttin
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer