Sr UX Interaction Designer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Uses storyboards and narrative to express how a product or service should behave to deliver capabilities in a way that supports user needs, goals, mental models and workflows.
• Lead and influence business-wide discussions relative to current user experience projects and the future direction of design and user experience
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of Agile / Lean UX methodologies
• Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes and user stories
• Leads research and evaluation of emerging design, technology, industry, and market trends
• Bachelor's Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
• A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in product or service design OR Master's degree with 6 years of experience in product or service design.
• Uses participatory design activities (e.g. paper prototype co-creation, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and assumptions and tacit knowledge about user needs and behaviors.
• Conducts user research to understand user needs, mental models and working contexts
• Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
• Creates annotated prototypes or wireframes of user interface designs that visually and textually communicate the behavior of a software application.
• Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote).
• Develops knowledge of industrial business domains, products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Understands and stays up to date on the industry's technology landscape; brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry technology trends to internal vision.
• Understands principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
• Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
• Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and transparent decision-making process.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
• Uses generative techniques (sketching, brainstorming, etc.) to establish a variety of possible design decisions and decision scenarios.
• Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Design engineer