Mechanical Transmission Design Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rivalta di Torino, Piemonte, Italy
Avio Aero is reinforcing the focus to excellence in aeronautical Mechanical Transmissions (ie accessory drivetrains, turboprop reduction gearboxes, geared engines, helicopter reduction gearboxes, etc).
In this spirit, we are looking for a talented and experienced design engineer, expected to perform design, production and customer support activities within the Service Engineering organization, with particular focus to gearbox components and module design.
The position is requiring important involvement into technical assessment and management of fielded products performance, and into production processes, through a deep collaboration with the Manufacturing and Supply Chain departments and activities aimed at improving product manufacturability and producibility.
In particular, you will:
- Build technical knowledge expertise in aeronautical gearbox components and modules;
- Use of design tools: CAD as Unigraphics NX , and FEM CAE as Nastran, Ansys and in-house SW's;
- Support activities related to fielded products performance and investigations;
- Proactively support and coordinate activities with other Company departments and Suppliers to implement product improvements (eg concurrent design, cost-out activities);
- Support management of Quality Notifications (QN) for gearbox components, ie provide indications to manage defective components;
- Support Source Substantiation (Validazioni Tecnologiche) activities for gearbox components;
- Develop component design to achieve the objectives of cost, performance and life;
- Issue technical documents (ie drawings, reports, specifications).
- Master Degree in Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university;
- Previous experience in mechanical design, in gearbox product;
- Experience with CAD tools (ie Unigraphics NX);
- Experience with FEM tools (ie Nastran, Ansys);
- Availability to work in the week-end, in case of need;
- Availability to work on shifts, in case of need.
- English and Italian language knowledge, both written and oral;
- PC proficiency;
- EU Work Permit;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience in mechanical transmissions design, preferably in aeronautical product;
- Experience in supporting Production issues
- Experience in cost and value engineering;
- Knowledge of aeronautical Certification rules, ie EASA Part 21, CS-E, FAR's.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
Italy;Rivalta di Torino;
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic