NOR Balancer 2 (1st Shift)
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
Unison Industries, a wholly owned subsidiary of GE Aviation, is a world leader in the design and manufacture of electrical components, sensors and systems for aircraft, industrial, military and space. Unison's products span the globe and can be found on almost anything flying from two place trainer airplanes to giant 747's and rockets traveling to space. We presently have an opening for a 1st shift Balancer 2, working 7:00AM to 3:30PM.
- Operate vertical and horizontal balancers, bridgeports, and drill presses
- Must be able within a reasonable time, produce & verify that parts are acceptable and produced within print & specifications
- Compliantly complete all written and/or electronic labor tracking documentation
- Communicate with team to ensure all team members are aware of new processes and/or ideas
- Must certify to receive inspection stamp; Required to verify and change tools when necessary
- Report problems to group leaders and/or coaches
- Keep all shift operators informed on special problems involving operation or set up
- May assist with prototype or first time builds
- Perform daily machine preventative maintenance
- Proactively work to improve efficiency and quality of products
- Utilize proper PPE, safety equipment, and follow safety procedures
- High School Education and/or GED
- 1 year manufacturing/machining experience
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Intermediate understanding of blueprint and process sheet interpretation
- Ability and willingness to use basic hand tools and measuring devices (verniers, micrometers, calipers, etc.)
- Basic understanding of mathematical principles (conversions to decimal system, geometry, basic math, etc).
- Able to pass a Visual Acuity Exam
- Able to become FAA Certified
- Occasional lift up to 15lbs
- Occasional pushing/pulling up to 20lbs
- Prior experience working with drills, mills, and/or alternators
- Experience in a self-directed teaming environment
- 1-3 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean manufacturing knowledge
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest
problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in re-engineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;New York;Norwich;
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Testing