Sr Staff Technical Product Manager
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cincinnati, Indiana, United States
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate product leader to join our product management team. The Technical Product Manager will lead an organization-wide product management framework for Aviation Digital Technology. This includes establishing best practices for how Product Managers do roadmapping, organize customer feedback and translate strategy into backlogs and users stories, utilizing a common set of digital tools.
This individual will own the product management framework that decentralized product owners follow and leverage. You will be responsible for defining, refining and executing on the vision in a highly collaborative way, working with cross functional teams, businesses, customers, security/compliance, operations, etc..
- Define product roadmap and capabilities by working with businesses & user groups to understand their requirements, closely following industry trends, market analysis and competitor direction, as well as incorporating operational and security/audit/compliance mandates.
- Responsible for helping prioritize product release strategy.
Facilitate in a highly cross-functional environment to organize product priorities and commitments.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly planning sessions with key stakeholders and decision makers to determine short and long term product commitments.
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
- Engage frequently with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize
- Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
- Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product management and engineering team
- Demonstrate superior product and industry knowledge and helps organization gain the competitive edge
- Mentor junior team members; provide technical leadership to TPMs across organization
Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited University or College
Minimum of 8 years of professional experience
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, div
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Product support