Operations Business Leader
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Madisonville, Kentucky, United States
The Operations Business Leader will drive and manage the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency on the production line, which includes service shops, in order to reach defined targets in quality, cost, delivery and safety.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards
- Manage a team of 5-10 salaried reports - consisting of Mechanical Engineers, Quality Engineers, Production Owners and Front Line Supervisors
- Develop annual plan for own unit
- Deliver data for the programs of encompassing units in the function or in the business and midterm plans
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operation Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
The GE Aviation plant in Madisonville, Kentucky, is a Turbine Airfoils plant that supports GE Aviation by manufacturing high pressure turbine airfoils (blades and vanes). This facility was established in 1971 by Ballast and converted to Aircraft Engines in late 1979, early 1980. The Madisonville Plant's workforce consists of 850 employees with an annual Output exceeding $335M. Madisonville is one of 10 Kentucky cities that ranked in the United States-wide listing for prime corporate expansion. Recent revitalization efforts have allowed us access to high tech Learn more about our town!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 12 Jul 2019
Closes 10 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager