TDI- Welder (2nd shift)
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
The GE Aviation - TDI site is looking for a 2nd shift welder, with prior experience in TIG welding.
- Welds together metal components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, or manufacturing operations sheet (MOS), using electric arc-welding equipment.
- Welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions. Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Manually applies filler rod to supply weld metal. Cleans weld joint or work piece. Prepares parts for welding.
- Positions or clamps work pieces together or assembles them in a jig or fixture (May tack assemblies together)
- Reading, planning, verifying fixture calibration
- Understands and is able to interpret blueprints
- Uses standard shop measuring devices (calipers and micrometers)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and successful completion of a TIG welding training course (formal or informal program) or previous experience as a TIG welder (At least 1 years of prior experience TIG welding).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Successful completion of welding certification process (onsite). Required to pass certification standards test and eye examination. Able to complete the welding vision test.
Prior experience welding aluminum. Strong attention to detail. Works overtime as needed. Compliance, integrity and customer service focus. Past experience in a successful team environment. Proactive communication of work progress, timelines and challenges within team environment.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 11 Jul 2019
Closes 9 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Fabricator
Recommended, similar jobs
Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany