Configuration Engineer (Level 2) (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 119 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Candidate will be responsible for the configuration of Landing Gears from off coming registration to ongoing. The successful candidate will be required to ensure Production have the required scope of work for a given event and offer expert advice to allow them to complete the task.
Tasks include but not limited to
- Produce assembly paperwork providing production with build instructions.
- Raising demands based on customer specifications and ongoing aircraft.
- Review of Service Bulletins (SB's), Service Letters (SL's) and Airworthiness Directives (AD's) ensuring they have been carried out to the customers' requirements.
- Answering technical queries from other departments and our customers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Create and issue work packages based on the intended tail registration considering the aircrafts configuration and customer's individual needs. Produce and provide configuration information for a given event to customers specification.
- Provide technical support to the production departments ensuring customer requirements are being adhered to and configuration queries are answered in a timely manner.
- Working with LTLGS' SAP system to produce paperwork, adjust sales order structures and placing demands.
- Aid in continuous improvements and best practices to ensure the department is efficient and always learning. This would involve updating and developing processes within the company's quality management system.
- To ensure all work in LTLGS is in accordance with Airworthiness Directives, other safety information to help comply with the CAMO requirements from our customers.
- Work with the planning department to develop a repair and overhaul schedule that satisfies LTLGS demanding work load but also our customers delivery dates.
- Producing Missing and Damage reports for the customers and placing demands where required. Carry out condition Reports based on received condition.
- Where necessarily, communicate with OEM's for the clarification answers to technical queries.
- Reading aircraft publications and extrapolate data required, so to produce work instructions to the production departments. Documents include but not limited to Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM's), Aircraft Illustrated Parts List (IPC), Service Bulletins (SB's).
- To assist in the investigation of hazardous occurrences (MOR's) both in-house and originating with a customer in order to analyse, recommend and introduce corrective action as necessary.
- To monitor customer supplied component reliability, air safety and ground found occurrences analysis so that any required corrective action can be taken in a timely manner.
- To assist in the development of new viable capability for the company and the provision of correct tools, equipment, training and spares to support new capability intake as requested.
- To facilitate the creation and amendment of production control route sheets on the company control system, and ensure these are created in accordance with relevant OEM documents. Production information includes Bill of Materials, job cards and AD/SB specific tasks all of which control the production process.
- You may be required to train personnel within a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures.
- The role is office based, however day-to-day support of the LTLGS production process will require time within the production environment so the employee may be exposed to toxic and corrosive chemicals / heavy lifting equipment etc.
- The role has no specific physical requirements outside standard office based environment.
- No direct reports.
Education and qualifications
- Degree Qualified (BEng 2:1), Aeronautical/Aerospace/Mechanical or Engineering. HND will be considered.
- An additional language (German / French) would be useful, but not critical.
Experience and Knowledge
- Ideally the candidate shall have extensive (5+years) Aircraft experience ideally within MRO environment, working with Aircraft Manuals and Approved Data and technically supporting the production environment.
- Experience of working with production control packages (MRP / ERP). Experience of SAP would be desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Packages.
- Good communication skills and be able to work as part of a
- Full time
Posted 2 Jul 2019
Closes 1 Aug 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer