Legal Advisor - Fleet & Engineering
- easyJet - 46 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
easyJet are a low cost airline headquartered at London Luton Airport operating both domestic and international scheduled services on over 1000 routes to 30 countries. Founded in 1995, easyJet is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a Footsie 250 company. easyJet has seen a rapid growth and expansion since it was formed and is now the UK's largest airline and the second largest in Europe employing over 10,000 people. easyJet now operates over 300 Airbus A320 family aircraft (both CEO and new generation NEO aircraft) with a mixture of CFM 56 and C FM Leap 1A (Neo aircraft) engines across three AOC holders in the UK (easyJet UK Limited), Austria (easyJet Europe Airline GmbH) and Switzerland (easyJet Switzerland SA).
If you are passionate about aviation and airlines and like a fast paced working environment, then you will relish the fast and challenging pace of the environment at easyJet.
To provide dedicated legal resource and support to the Head of Legal - Fleet and Operations by providing legal advice primarily in relation to easyJet's supply arrangements for the maintenance, overhaul, repair of its aircraft fleet (and all constituent parts) and the supply of regulated parts and services to support the continuing operation of the easyJet fleet of aircraft.
The role will involve working with the Head of Legal for Fleet and Operations and as an integral part of a wider team with other key stakeholders in fleet procurement, easyJet engineering, insurance and tax with the aim of being a "go to" dedicated legal resource working in this specialist area .
The role includes the drafting, reviewing, structuring and negotiation of the following types of agreements to tight and demanding deadlines in order to meet easyJet aircraft fleet operational needs to keep the fleet flying and minimise time on ground:
- Supply arrangements for the provision by EASA (and equivalent) Part 145 suppliers for the maintenance, overhaul and repair of aircraft and their parts, for instance, base maintenance, line maintenance and other AOG support, engine overhaul and storage, APU, landing gear etc., The work involves using specially developed easyJet template agreements, bespoke agreements and supplier terms and conditions from rfp stage to finalisation of the agreement with the supplier.
- Supply of goods and services for regulated cabin maintenance, for example, the manufacture, changing and cleaning of seat covers and carpets as well as aircraft and engine washing, aircraft exterior painting.
- The provision of EASA Part 21J design services for the design of retro fitted and/or re-engineered aircraft parts, or design modifications to the aircraft.
- Arrangements relating to the provision by external providers of CAMO services.
- Intra group maintenance and camo support arrangements.
- Knowledge of new technologies as they affect the overhaul, maintenance and supply of aircraft - IP, Data Protection and Infosec.
Supporting the continuous improvement of the terms upon which the supply of engineering and regulated supply arrangements are contracted for to the easyJet fleet.
This role requires specialist technical knowledge of:
- An understanding of how aircraft work, air law and the regulatory issues relating to engineering and technical support agreements and the types of insurance cover applicable to them;
- IATA Standard Ground Handling Agreements, time and materials and flight hour arrangements, typical OEM supply agreements and risk allocation between the parties;
- typical asset protection provisions for an airline procuring engineering services from a supplier;
- good knowledge of cross border issues;
Some knowledge of aircraft finance and leasing would also be helpful to this role.
Periodic travel may be required
Ownership and Delivery. Has a clear focus to deliver results, working to tight targets, reviewing progress and adapting their plans accordingly, motivating themselves to achieve the right result. Must have t he ability to work under pressure and be able to "churn" work and handle different and urgent competing demands.
Customer and Shareholder Value. Clear understanding of who their customers are and seeks to exceed their needs, focussing on the importance of safety for both customers and employees.
Business Performance. Understand the easyJet business and external environment, is cost conscious and understands the longer term perspective and implications of decisions.
Building Relationships and have the ability to forge strong, positive and constructive working relationships with key stakeholders. Be a trusted adviser, have an eye for detail and be both a starter and a
- Full time
- Airbus A318 / A319 / A320 / A321
- EASA Part 66 - A
Posted 19 Jun 2019
Closes 19 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Licensed aircraft engineer