IT Project Controller - Infrastructure
- flydubai - 8 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/flydubai/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/0f54fd68-deef-46fd-94aa-6daf73d11675130597717898226000.png
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reporting to the Manager â€" IT Programmes, the IT Project Controller is responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating individual projects and program components of the overall IT Infrastructure and Strategy & Governance portfolio according to predetermined timelines and budgets.
The IT Project Controller manages project teams, the project plan (or component of the overall project plan) and the individual tasks from inception through to completion following the predefined PM methodology. This involves strong stakeholder management, and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycle.
The successful project controller will be experienced in the delivery of IT projects with a strong focus on infrastructure projects and will be responsible for multiple project streams simultaneously and possess a comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies (Agile and Waterfall).
1. Manage project components to deliver them on time, within budget and to the required quality specifications. Tightly manage any deviations from the agreed project timeline and budget, ensuring early notification to the Program Manager and project steering committee of potential deviations and applicable necessary remedial actions.
2. Work with program stakeholders, flydubai and external vendors, in an onshore and offshore engagement model to gather requirements, create project plans, identify and manage issues (mitigation plans), risks and changes.
3. Ensure all required project documentation is compiled to a high standard and maintained in an accurate and auditable manner.
4. Accurate and timely reporting of project progress and status to project stakeholders via electronic reporting and formal presentations.
5. Adherence to formal flydubai program governance to ensure compliance with agreed organization standards.
6. Compliance and in depth knowledge of full project lifecycle management for relevant project deliverables.
7. Adherence to program change and release management procedures â€" identification and impact assessment of change, communication of time and cost impact following a change request.
8. Disaster recovery planning and implementation for all implemented projects.
9. Project administration - ensure all invoices are raised accurately, reflect work done and are provided by vendor on time and to flydubaiâ€™s specification. Answer any queries that arise from submission of invoices to Accounts Payable.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
â€¢ A university degree in IT, engineering or equivalent
â€¢ PMI/PMP or PRINCE 2 certification
â€¢ ITIL certification
â€¢ Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
â€¢ Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office suite
â€¢ Knowledgeable in the use of Agile project planning and tools
â€¢ Knowledge of airline industry practices, processes, and applications
â€¢ Previous experience in the successfully delivery of multiple IT Infrastructure projects
â€¢ 7 yearsâ€™ + experience in IT with at least 5 years of Project Management (infrastructure, compliance and software development projects).
â€¢ Must have experience delivering infrastructure projects such as data center build, data center migration, server virtualization, network refresh / upgrade, storage upgrade and migration, new office infrastructure setup, cloud infrastructure deployment, DR setup etc.
â€¢ Desirable to have experience delivering compliance projects such as ISO 27001, BCM, (Government) regulatory compliance.
â€¢ Must have a been a PM on at least one large scale IT Infrastructure build project
â€¢ Clear understanding and demonstrable experience of different project management methodologies
â€¢ Proven experience in people management
â€¢ Proven experience in risk management
â€¢ Proven experience in change management
â€¢ Proven experience in stakeholder management and reporting including reporting to senior management on project updates
Knowledge / Skills
â€¢ Accomplished technologist, skilled in infrastructure and network architecture, system engineering, network engineering, disaster recovery / business continuity and regulatory compliance
â€¢ Proven leadership experience managing cross-functional teams and influencing executive level management and key stakeholders
Certificate / License required
â€¢ PMP / Prince 2
â€¢ Customer Focus
â€¢ Team work
â€¢ Effective Communication
â€¢ Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
â€¢ Resilience and Flexibility (Can do
- Full time
Posted 13 Jun 2019
Closes 10 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT