Engineer - Controls/Engine Health Monitoring Systems Engineering
- GE Aviation - 200 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
There are two roles defined within this job summary/purpose. The Controls System Engineer is responsible for executing with guidance control systems design and analysis for engine operational logic, governors, signal management, and distributed control architecture. Hiring Manager is Shree Kanchanavally. The EHMS Engineer is responsible for executing with guidance design/implementation of EHMS Application Software, embedded engine model, and on-board lifing models.
- Software implementation using the SCADE Tool Suite, an integrated design environment for requirements management, model-based design, simulation, verification, and qualifiable/certified code generation
- Requirements management using DOORS
- Verify system operation through desktop simulation, hardware-in-the-loop lab tests (Dry Rig Controls Simulator), engine and flight testing
- Develop models and perform non-linear simulations and linear analysis to evaluate aircraft, engine and component control system response and conduct trade studies
- Support Engine, Component, and System Qualification with the Army Customer
- Leverage experience with software tools such as NPSS, SCADE, Matlab and Simulink to construct system solutions for applications
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and process improvements and communicate to leadership
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures with a path towards US Military qualification
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position).
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong technical aptitude related to components and systems of increasing complexity
- Ability to influence others
- Support initiatives of moderate scope and impact
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 13 Jun 2019
Closes 12 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Product support