Aircraft Availability Improvement Project Manager WANTED ATTRACTIVE DAY RATE !!!
- Excel Technical Consulting - 47 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/excel-technical-consulting/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/480d42db-ce0f-4ec8-a16e-7dbb6df04fe3131371476597646346.png
You will be responsible for the effective programme management for a range of projects aimed at improving the productivity, availability, reliability and output of our clients fleet of Aircraft along with other business improvement initiatives. This role will be directly responsible to the Engineering Delivery Director for each project's delivery schedule, internal and external reporting, Key Performance Indications (KPI) measurement,leadership and conflict resolution between projects and supporting new initiative business cases.
Given the technical nature of the projects within the programme you will have an Availability Manager working for you to manage and resolve many of the technical and Type Airworthiness issues.
- A recognised Project or Programme Management qualification, or verifiable evidence of the management of complex programmes
- Working with multiplate Original Equipment Manufactures (OEMs) and key suppliers
- Experience working within multi-disciplined teams
- Experience working within KPI frameworks
Essential Qualifications & Technical Competencies
- APM Practitioner
- Understanding of Part 145 Base Maintenance techniques and risk areas
- Ability to monitor and manage (with the OEMs) aircraft configuration control
- Ability to understand the effects of aircraft maintenance regime activities on aircraft availability
- Enough aviation domain knowledge to discuss technical issues with end-user and client aircrew
An aircraft engineering, or related aircraft production, degree, chartered status or equivalent qualification (verified evidence of successful delivery of aircraft production programmes may be an acceptable alternative)
Prior experience of managing complex Aviation business Improvement Schemes or air systems or modification programmes.
Thorough understanding of aircraft usage and requirements application, as required by the end user (Aircrew & Engineers)
Experience of delivering projects into the UK public sector, and an understanding of the key challenges associated with this.
Effective relationship management to achieve objectives.
A thorough understanding of Part M, 145 and MRCOA regulations would be desirable, although not essential.
In addition, an understanding of CS23, EASA Part 21 and FAR/CR regulations.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- The Project Manager is responsible to the Engineering Delivery Director for the management of a business Improvement project.
- The Project Manager is the primary interface with the customer, client, suppliers, and user community. They will interface with Company Departments as required to ensure all activities are coordinated and appropriately managed.
- Also to provide updates as agree and notify senior managers as required to highlight areas of concern.
- Specific Responsibilities:
- The management of agreed projects with respect to schedule, cost, risk and quality
- Authorisation of work performed by the subcontractors (except for changes to scope, which must be authorised by the Aircraft Availability Improvement Project Board)
- Providing the Project Board with regular updates
- Managing OEM relationships
- Supporting client liaison, negotiation and relationship management
- Supporting customer relationship management
- Support reporting and governance of activities related to role
- Supporting company decision making on subcontracts, supply chain or resourcing
- Promote and endorse a positive Equality, Quality along with Health & Safety culture
- Good Management and Engineering problem solving skills
Start date for this contract role is ASAP and will be ongoing, we are able to offer a fantastic day rate and a normal 40 hour working week.
You must posses a full UK driving license and be able to achieve MoD security clearance.
Computer literate & proven experience in MS Products.
Fluent in both written and verbal English.
If you have the above experience then please apply now to avoid disappointment on this great contract opportunity !!
- Full time
Posted 12 Jun 2019
Closes 12 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager