Senior Software Developer
- Jet2.com - 128 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/jet2com/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/6347795b-7e5c-4fa1-b8a6-dc391d4988d8131134107358454754.png
Our business has been consistently growing year-on-year and your role is to ensure that our systems handle the increase in traffic gracefully while the features, performance and usability continue to improve over time.
What you'll be doing
You'll be joining a creative team in an agile, scrum environment. Your team will solve the technical challenges that shape the way we operate on our ecommerce platform, back-office systems and mobile apps. Together with your team, you'll be responsible for delivering high-quality developments across our two enterprise websites; Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays.
You'll be very hands-on and working with a fantastic team of developers and testers. You will be included in design decisions and responsible for developing software that delivers great value to our business.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of user stories within your team, ensuring that both your goals and those of your team members are delivered as expected.
- You will be quality-focused, writing and peer reviewing clean code that you will be proud to revisit in the future.
- You will share skills and techniques, helping drive quality improvements across the team.
- You will mentor junior colleagues, encouraging them to enjoy their work, become more effective and build their careers.
- Programming: You have a deep understanding of development in the Microsoft tech stack including C#, .NET 4.0+, Apply, MVC and Web API.
- Code Quality. You promote quality in your team, e.g. teaching the principles of clean code to junior team members.
- SQL Server. You write efficient queries and debug effectively. You understand how changes can be deployed without risk.
- Agile / Scrum. You embrace change, minimise risks and deliver useful software frequently. You work in a fast-moving agile environment with minimum supervision.
- Test Driven Development. You perform TDD effectively. You know at least one IoC container inside-out and can share your skills with team members.
- System design. You understand the subtleties involved in design decisions and their effect on the big picture.
Who you are
- You love solving technical challenges.
- You will have a real passion for building quality software.
- You will be focused on growing your knowledge and making yourself even more skillful.
- You will be keen to share your passion and enthusiasm for the job with your teammates.
What we're offering
Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays have enjoyed continued success, becoming the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and 2nd largest UK tour operator respectively. We have won numerous awards for our industry-leading customer service, for example \"Travel Brand of the Year 2018\" at the \"Which? Awards 2018\". Ouroutstandingsuccess enables us to offer:
- Stimulating work with excellent progression opportunities for high performers.
- Excellent salaries.
- A discretionary bonus scheme.
- Discounted flights and holidays.
- Many other great benefits.
At Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays we understand that a diverse workforce enables us to provide a richer and more fulfilling working environment for our colleagues irrespective of any aspect of diversity. We believe in a culture that promotes equal opportunities for all colleagues. We also recognise that diversity enables us to attract and retain the best people.
Hours Per Week
IT Systems & Web Development
- Full time
Posted 12 Jun 2019
Closes 12 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT