Customer Quality Engineer
- GE Aviation - 200 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Bohemia, Louisiana, United States
The Customer Quality Engineer role will report to the Long Island Quality Leader and be responsible for supporting our customer's quality needs. As the Customer Quality Engineer, you will leverage product knowledge, data analytics, RCCA and customer feedback to develop a strategy and drive improvement for the customer.
- Ownership of quality assurance and control for assigned customer programs
- Includes conformance of manufacturing goods, contractual requirements, and customer deliverables
- Lead complex root cause and corrective action investigations to address and eliminate customer escapes
- Influence cross-functional teams within the supply chain to solve problems and address risk
- Ownership of Customer Quality Improvement Plans (CQIPs)
- Directs quality communications with external customers and across the organization (including leadership)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Quality
- Previous quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proven facilitation and collaboration skills
- A self-starter motivated to solve problems and create out of the box solutions
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Experience working with major aviation and military customers and regulatory agencies
- Understanding of AS9100 quality management systems
- Experience with leading root cause and corrective action investigations in technical applications
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;New York;Bohemia;
- Full time
Posted 10 Jun 2019
Closes 9 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control