Chemical Process Engineer
- GE Aviation - 200 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant technologies.
• Develop and track parameters/standards for electrolyte "quality"
• Develop a solid understanding of the stoichiometry of each system (ECM, LPT, Sodium Chloride) and the interaction with their respective alloys
• Have a strong understanding of mechanical aspects of each system (pumping systems, mechanical, I&C, etc.)
• Thermodynamic Loading: ability to optimize our heat exchangers/chillers to meet system needs and minimize energy use
• Physical/Chemical Treatment Processes- strong understanding of how our treatment processes work (clarifiers, filter presses, etc) and how to optimize them
• Safety: fall protection, PPE, confined space, chemical exposure considerations
• Environmental: understanding of how and why the sludge is managed as a hazardous waste storage area under each filter press
• Chemical Handling: CVI (Homeland Security requirements around Sodium Nitrate)
• Brewery capacity limitations and standardization (interaction between breweries and equipment standardization where possible)
• Contingency Plan for the Brewery: develop a "how-to" manual for what to do as a standard practice for unexpected situations (e.g. taking a tank or clarifier offline)
• Develop recommended PM schedule (Clarifier cleaning, ECM machine ventilation, tank inspections, etc.)
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing). Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Production Process and Equipment.
Knowledge of other potential treatment technologies. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Full time
Posted 10 Jun 2019
Closes 9 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer