Senior Systems Engineer
- GE Aviation - 200 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Loves Park, Illinois, United States
The Senior Systems Engineer will be a senior designer in the development and implementation of pneumatic systems, focused on aerospace Bleed Air and Ice Protection Systems. In this role, you will work collaboratively with customers, engineering, suppliers and manufacturing on pneumatic systems.
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment with internal and external suppliers, including mechanical, electrical and software engineering, to develop complete solutions to satisfy customer needs
- Responsible for complete life cycle design activities, including leading systems level architecture and design, defining requirements for the system and its components, verification and validation activities associated with the system and components, and interface with the customer throughout the program.
- Work directly with external and internal customers to define system architectures and system requirements and component requirements
- Develop state of the art systems for Bleed Air and Ice Protection Systems
- Work with the analytical modeling team and testing team to predict and validate that the static and dynamic system and component behaviors meet development and qualification requirements
- Work with the internal and external component suppliers to define requirements, support development and validation activities
- Execute New Product Introduction (NPI) projects to meet business standards, practices and procedures as well as product / program requirements
- Act as presenter & reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Work cross-functionally with all disciplines
- Generate proper documentation of technical data for the assigned projects and/or tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 8 years in Engineering, with a minimum of 3 years in systems engineering role
- Experience in thermal systems and valve applications in Bleed air and ice protection
- Knowledge of bleed air SAE AC-9 & -9C Documents (AIR and ARP)
- Experience with aircraft and component certification highly desirable
- Experience in system failure and safety analyses
- Experience with fluids/thermodynamics analytical modeling software
- Strong leadership skills, including experience leading cross-functional teams
- Six Sigma Green Belt
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Illinois;Loves Park;
- Full time
Posted 8 Jun 2019
Closes 7 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Product support