Quality Assurance Engineer - Investigations
- Etihad Airways - 30 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/etihad-airways/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/b6bffdf3-2048-45e9-a036-2f4ac0517be4131100745701791860.png
United Arab Emirates
Etihad Engineering Safety & Quality department are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join their team as an Engineer.
As Quality Assurance Engineer - Investigations you will add value by performing all phases of Technical safety investigations from data gathering to preparation of full Technical Investigation safety report; to liaise and cooperate with local authorities in investigations as representative of EYEng quality department.
- Independently perform technical safety investigations resulting from occurrences and incidents.
- Develop full safety report, identifying safety findings and providing safety recommendations which include the development and verification of accident causal analysis
- Comply with all regulatory requirements and all GCAA audit requirements in the conduct of all technical investigations
- Responsible for close liaison with the Customers' CAMO organization, Engineering departments, Technical Services, airframe, engine and component manufacturers (OEMs) and ensure all investigation are completed, reports submitted and are closed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for detailed analysis of technical safety incidents, identify causal factors and provide mitigation actions, safety recommendations to the organization to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure comprehensive technical reports related to the investigations are produced and inform Senior Management of adverse trends or areas requiring urgent attention and improvement that may compromise safety and aircraft operation
- Update and maintain the investigation details within the system and ensure its integrity and provide technical data and investigation analysis.
- Conduct ongoing research and benchmarking to increase flight safety awareness and ensure alignment of flight safety investigation processes with industry best practices.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Successful completion of an aircraft accident investigation course
- Successful completion of an aviation Safety Management System training course
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Recommended)
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to engineering, safety or aviation is recommended
- At least 10 years of aviation working experience
- Minimum of 10 years aviation industry experience, including at least 5 years in Quality Assurance and hands on experience in conducting investigations.
- Formal aeronautical maintenance training
- Aircraft Incident / Accident investigation training (optional)
- MEDA training
- GCAA CAR M / EASA Part M and CAR 145 / EASA Part 145 training
- Minimum aircraft specific Level 1 Type Training on at least one type of aircraft maintained by EYEng (Level 3 Type training is preferred)
- Formal training in quality assurance auditing, preferably in CAR M and CAR 145 to Lead Auditor standard (optional)
- Interview techniques.
- Knowledge of aircraft/engine systems
- Knowledge of aircraft/engine documentation and record keeping.
- Proven ability to manage technical projects.
- Knowledge of Aviation regulations UAE CAR M, EASA Part M, CAR and EASA Part 145
- Familiarity with ICAO Annex 13 protocols
- High standard of Investigation skills
- High standard of English and report writing skills
- High standard of computer literacy (Microsoft office applications).
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring "Abu Dhabi to the World". Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world's most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.
- Full time
- ICAO Licensed
Posted 7 Jun 2019
Closes 7 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control