- Britten-Norman - 1 job http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/britten-norman/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/f7dec1a9-d27b-4a2e-9569-d810a422215e132048046504870698.jpg
Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, England
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Aircraft Technician to join BN Defence, producer of one of the most successful civil aircrafts ever manufactured in the UK and now the UK’s only independent civil aircraft manufacturer. Whilst we have been successfully producing aircraft continuously for over 50 years, we are also a leading aerospace SME and offer a wide range of aviation related services to an international client base.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that aircraft maintenance, repair and modification activities are completed to the required standards in accordance with the Company procedures and regulatory airworthiness, design and quality requirements.
This role is based at our Lee-on-the-Solent premises.
• Main tasks will include but are not limited to:
Carry out aircraft maintenance, repair and modification activities, either at home base or deployed, as instructed by your Team Leader or Line Management, utilising only nominated technical data and the extant company policies and procedures.
• Ensure that you complete aircraft documentation and work pack records in accordance with current procedures and practices and that all entries are clear, concise and correct. Ensure that your work is properly and accurately recorded on the company’s electronic work recording system such that any data is maintained to the highest standards and can be properly utilised for job recording and job costings / invoicing.
• Provide a daily report to your Team Leader of your progress made. Proactively ensure that you have the authority and sufficient instructions from your Team Leader prior to progression to the next stage of work. Ensure that the aircraft Hangar Project work cards accurately reflect the physical state of the aircraft no later than close of business each day.
• Assist in the maintenance of general cleanliness and standards within the workplace, taking into account such LEAN processes as may be relevant or beneficial.
• Take responsibility for your work tools and any specialist tools provided.
Key Skills and Attributes:
• Communication: Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills with ability to retain composure and flexibility under pressure
• Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook
• Organisation: Ability to multi-task and to determine and manage priorities to meet multiple deadlines
• Team Working: Effective in a team and as an individual. Precise, accurate and meticulousness. Reliable, pro-active and self-confident.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Recognised aviation apprenticeship or Military equivalent Level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy (equivalent to Grade C GCSE).
• A City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ Level 3 in Aircraft Engineering.
• Hold a recognised Human Factors certificate.
• Working in a similar role on light utility, unpressurised aircraft
• Fault identification, isolation and rectification.
• Sheet metal work and airframe riveting
• Working on light turbo-prop fixed wing aircraft (desirable)
• Working on surveillance / role equipped aircraft (desirable)
• Flexible start working pattern
• 33 days holiday (Inclusive of bank holidays)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Eligibility to join the healthcare scheme upon successful completion of the probation period
Any offer of employment will be conditional, subject to the successful completion of the Company’s Security Clearance process. This will be arranged by the Company on the candidate’s behalf. If you wish to apply for this role, please forward your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your suitability for the role, to Apply by the closing date.
Due to the high number of applicants we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applications. As such, if you have not received a response from us within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a high level of applications, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
- Full time
Posted 5 Jun 2019
Closes 5 Jul 2019
Ref: Aircraft Technician
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic