Process & Project Manager Wheels & Brakes London (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 84 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The Process & Projects Manager will be responsible for improving current processes in the wheel shop (production & logistics) and the entire supply chain. Leads or coordinates projects and initiatives to achieve more stability and efficiency of the entire operation. The Process & Projects Manager ensures that a continuous improvement process is established in the wheel shop in close cooperation with the Heads of Function at PD COM for WBS Production, Logistics and Fulfilment. Ensures that necessary measures are implemented and monitors fulfilment, including respective training and documentation needs.
Builds good professional networks with LHT/LTLGS colleagues in order to standardize processes and be able to implement relevant changes.
Supports the Wheel Shop Manager to decrease costs, improve quality and performance (Work-Shop-Time, Turn-Around-Time). Further develops the KPI system in close cooperation with the Heads of Function at LHT.
- All employees are required to use the LTLGS Integrated Quality Management System IQ Move.
- Design, align and further develop measures to improve processes in production, logistics, supply chain and at the interface to customer service and support the respective operational units.
- Specify further developments of relevant IT-systems operated by the wheel shop and at the interface to other areas (i.e. customer service) and assign the necessary adjustments.
- Take over the project lead and design responsibility within complex, extensive and overarching projects.
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement processes for the wheel shop and related interfaces and moderate workshops.
- Identify inconsistencies between comparable LTLGS and LHT processes, define the potential for possible standardization, and coordinate the implementation of best practice processes across the network.
- Create the applicable outcome documents and training documents, including the implementation in IQ MOVE. Conduct trainings and admissions and ensure process know-how and process quality within the wheel shop.
- Support the wheel shop manager during implementation of the relevant measures and coordinate with the respective LHT and LTLS stakeholders.
- Take over the interface function to relevant LHT process centers and IT departments.
- Further develop relevant KPIs for the wheel shop and improve visual management in the entire operation.
- Carry out special assignments.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Master desirable.
- Degree in industrial engineering, engineering, economic computer science or business administration.
- Previous experience in project management and process modelling.
- Experience in leading projects is advantageous.
- Advanced planning and organization skills.
- Profound level of problem solving skills.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a related industry. Preferably production and process management experience.
- Good planning abilities and a willingness to be flexible.
- Capable of managing complex issues and ambiguity to tight deadlines.
- Experience with working to EASA 145 requirements.
Technical Competencies and other prerequisites
- Advanced knowledge in project management.
- Sound knowledge in methods of process analysis & optimisation and basic LEAN management knowledge or equivalent.
- Sound IT user knowledge (e.g. SAP or similar business software, MS office, ERP, MIS).
- Knowledge of LHT internal production processes (preferably in component maintenance) is advantageous.
- Good knowledge of EASA/CAA/FAA requirements and other applicable aviation regulation.
- Able to communicate fluently in English both written and verbal.
- Willingness to travel and several weeks stay in Germany (especially at beginning).
- Advanced communicator- ability to communicate with staff on business.
- Ability to lead and organize people.
- Must be able to motivate a team and build an approach based on co-operation.
- Able to maintain performance under pressure.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Able to communicate with all levels of Management.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
*Must posess a legal work permit in the country of employment.
About Lufthansa Technik AG
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored m
- Full time
Posted 3 Jun 2019
Closes 3 Jul 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager