IT Analyst â€" Cloud and Service Management
- flydubai - 9 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/flydubai/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/0f54fd68-deef-46fd-94aa-6daf73d11675130597717898226000.png
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The IT Analyst will work with the Senior Manager IT Strategy and Governance to implement the cloud vision, provide controls and oversight of the Cloud computing services and improve the delivery of cloud services at flydubai. The role will work with the different internal departments and external vendors to analyse usage patterns, identify optimization opportunities, and drive efficiencies and process improvement. The role will act as a central point for maintaining, monitoring and enforcing IT policies and procedures within the cloud service model.
1. Monitoring and Reporting: Act as a central point for monitoring and reporting on a variety of performance metrics for cloud projects. These include utilization stats, costs, risks, resources and quality as well as other parameters decided by the IT management. Conduct routine auditing of Cloud operational processes and project delivery to ensure good performance as well as compliance with established guidelines and cloud policies.
2. Vendor Management: Be the point of contact for all vendor communications related to Cloud services. Channel the communication to the relevant divisions within the IT department and ensure prompt follow up takes place. Verify vendor invoices against consumption and route it to the concerned IT heads for approvals. Ensure budgets are strictly adhered to and highlight any deviations to the IT heads.
3. Process and Policies: Help drive the adoption of industry best practices for Cloud within flydubai. Ensure the implementation of the demand driven infrastructure vision by closely monitoring the cloud resource utilization, analyzing trends, proactively managing capacity to maximize the ROI and performance of cloud hosted systems.
4. Operational Support: Aid in resolving operational and administration issues related to the cloud infrastructure services. Work with vendors and suggest alternate solutions to key cloud service issues and assist in the implementation of recommendations. Assist in the various administration tasks within the IT department related to Cloud and Service Management.
5. Contract Administration: Analyze, plan, coordinate, and evaluate activities associated with Cloud service contracts; participate in evaluation of proposed contractual obligations and agreements; assist in contract administration; monitor compliance with applicable contractual agreements.
6. Cost Monitoring: Monitor Cost performance of cloud services. Discuss with Project Managers and IT division heads to make sure necessary actions are taken on any major deviations against budget. Prepare regular reports and share them with the IT management.
7. Budget preparation: Provide necessary support to the various IT divisions and track adherence to company guidelines and timelines as part of the budgeting exercise for cloud services.
8. KPI measurement: Track and compare key KPIs and present to IT heads during periodic review exercises.
9. Resource Management: Develop capacity planning, modeling, and forecasting techniques across public cloud providers â€" Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and other public and private clouds. Conduct Usage Analysis and Reserved Instance (RI) Planning to ensure technology infrastructure rightsizing and optimization.
10. Quality Control: Help in the adoption of quality assurance / quality control policies, processes and tools in accordance with best practices and define benchmarks and measures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
â€¢ Bachelorâ€™s or Masterâ€™s Degree in a Technical field
â€¢ Experience working with analytics and statistics in the technical or business fields
â€¢ Experience with PowerBI, Tableau or similar tools
â€¢ Experience with R or similar modelling tools
â€¢ Experience with Excel Data modelling
â€¢ Experience with Financial modelling
â€¢ Experience in project management and stakeholder management
â€¢ Experience with vendor and customer management
Knowledge / Skills
â€¢ Knowledge of AWS, Azure or similar cloud services
â€¢ Customer Focus
â€¢ Team work
â€¢ Effective Communication
â€¢ Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve
â€¢ Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)
Warning on Recruitment Fraud
flydubai is aware of a number of e-mails, letters and SMS or Whatsapp messages in circulation recently, claiming to be offers of employment from flydubai.
These offers often look legitimate and may include job descriptions, salary, and benefit details.
The offers then direct recipients to provide bank account details.
Although these offers may appear genuine, they are fraudulent
- Full time
Posted 29 May 2019
Closes 26 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT