Tableau Server Administrator
- Jet2.com - 120 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/jet2com/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/6347795b-7e5c-4fa1-b8a6-dc391d4988d8131134107358454754.png
Tableau Server has been adopted as the preferred data visualisation and data discovery platform acrossJet2 .comandJet2holidays. The platform supports a team of over 70 analysts around the business developing data visualisation through Tableau Desktop and sharing it to an audience of around 800 business users via Tableau Server.
The analysis being produced and shared via Tableau Server is critical to business decisions made on a day-day basis and the platform itself is now considered mission-critical.
As ourTableau Administrator, you will be expected to take ownership for the following tasks:
- New user provisioningwithin Tableau Server including the development of a suitable approval process for new users to ensure we maximise the return on our investment in Tableau Server licensing.
- Security administrationof new and existing users to ensure that business users have access to the information they need while making sure sensitive data remains locked down.
- Project structure administrationto ensure that new Tableau Server projects are setup based on documented standards and best practice.
- System monitoringof all Tableau services to ensure high availability of service and proactive investigation of problems which may develop on the Tableau Server platform.
- System upgradesto ensure that Tableau Server (and Tableau Desktop) are updated frequently and in-line with each other to provide access to new features as they become available. This would also include pre-upgrade testing of new versions of Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server to ensure no impact to existing users or content.
- Performance monitoringto identify any Tableau Server content (workbooks, views, data extracts, etc) which are not performing within expected tolerances and proactively investigating underlying issues and working with both end users and developers to resolve performance problems.
- Backup and maintenanceof the Tableau Server environment ensuring backup and maintenance processes are documented, monitored and where possible fully automated.
- Disaster recovery planningto ensure that our Tableau Server environment meets recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives.
- Participate in the creation and ongoing running of aTableau Centre of Excellencebringing together Tableau analysts from around the business to work together to share best practice and further adoption of Tableau acrossJet2 .comandJet2holidays.
You should be agood communicatorcapable of working with technical and non-technical business users and development teams. You should beproactiveand capable of working under your owninitiative.
Experience using one or more data platform such asMicrosoft SQL Serverwould be beneficial as would any in-depth knowledge ofdata visualisationbest practice.
In return, we offer anexcellent salaryandbenefits packagewithfantastic opportunitiesforprogressionin a growing business.
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting forward thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our9 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday withJet2 .comandJet2holidays!!(I
Hours Per Week
IT Systems & Web Development
- Full time
Posted 26 May 2019
Closes 25 Jun 2019
This job was posted to: Airline administration