CFM56 Lead Quality Engineer \u2013 MRO
- GE Aviation - 200 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Brindisi casale, Puglia, Italy
At Avio Aero we are Quality Fanatic! Tight designs mean tight tolerances. Quality happens through high technology and as close as possible at the source, while ensuring process capability discipline. The CFM Lead Quality Engineer will assure that QMS requirements and specific customer and regulatory requirements for the MRO Process are fulfilled and will be responsible for timely provision of quality deliverables.
Join our Quality team and make the difference! As the CFM56 Lead Quality Engineer - MRO, you will be responsible for:
- Prepare the qualification package for the CFM MRO process (initial qualification and following process changes);
- Assure that adequate inspection/test plans are defined and supervise on their correct application;
- Work across functions to guarantee proper Quality issues management in order to minimize impact on Customer, Deliveries and Costs.
- Act as Quality interface with Customers.
- Promote the awareness and compliance to the Avio Aero and/or specific Customer and Regulatory requirements;
- Verify the compliance of existing quality procedures to new processes and regulatory requirements;
- Work in synergy with Quality System to align documentation to regulatory and customer requirements and obtain relevant certifications;
- Support customer audits and assure implementation of corrective actions;
- Coordinate activities to guarantee correct non conforming material management.
- Monitor and oversee MRO processes from a quality standpoint to recognize improvement opportunities, and work with stakeholders to identify and implement effective Corrective/Preventive action plans;
- Prepare quality plans, when required.
- Monitor quality indicators, collect and analyze quality data and take part to the definition and following implementation and monitoring of improvement plans together with technologists;
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis following customer escapes or other quality issue and prepare reporting documents (Four corners, 8D Inv. reports, LLC);
- Conduct weekly shop audits;
- Discuss quality metrics, trends, procedure changes, corrective action status, Lesson Learned etc. with the team members on a regular basis;
- Conduct the preliminary review and work with Material Review Board to disposition nonconforming material and devise remediation actions;
- Oversee evaluation of test equipment and measurements instruments;
- Collect information needed to prepare customer reports and support on time product delivery;
- Be self-confident in driving the quality agenda, in a peer-to-peer relationship with the stakeholders involved in any given process.
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college in engineering or equivalent (Mechanical and Aeronautical preferred) or a solid experience in similar quality role; Part-145 Trained;
- Consolidated experience in Quality;
- Driven by an open, unbiased, positive attitude to investigate issues and come up with root causes based solutions
- Apply clear thinking in solving complex and urgent issues
- Collaborative and proactive attitude;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead strategy
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both English and Italian;
- Leadership experience in a matrixed environment;
- Established project management skills;
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook;
- Permission to work in the EU
- Certifying Staff Part-145
- Proved experience in the Commercial Aviation Engines industry (MRO / Quality)
- Recognized problem solving skills;
- Ability to comprehend technical documentation;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Ability to manage competing priorities and take decisions quickly;
- Six sigma trained;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems including overcoming obstacles;
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects / change;
- Ability to document, develop, plan, and execute programs;
- Technical or Quality background with experience in quality, operations, or engineering role.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development ke
- Full time
Posted 17 May 2019
Closes 15 Jun 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control