- GE Aviation - 199 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Technician will provide support to Site EHS Leader on various EHS issues. The person in this position will be involved in deploying EHS Site policies and procedures to support the Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) business. This individual will report directly to the Senior Fixed Facilities Manager and be a crucial part of the Huntsville team!
As the EHS Technician, you will:
- Assist in implementation and auditing of EHS programs and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and GE CEP requirements
- Develop and maintain general knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements
- Conduct EHS inspections, risk assessments and accident/incident investigations
- Create and Manage EHS related records and documentation to demonstrate EHS programs effectiveness
- Assist consultants and contractors on related EHS issues
- Assist in conducting EHS education programs
- Assist in issue resolution
- High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 2 years of experience with EHS systems.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations
- Knowledge of and experience with OHSA Apply (PSM)
- Knowledge of and experience with Emergency Response and Planning Knowledge of and experience with Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomic principles
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE (regulatory agencies)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Established project & program management ability
- Strong analytical skills
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 16 May 2019
Closes 14 Jun 2019
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic