Standards B1 Engineers
- Ryanair - 88 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ryanair/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/dcb21470-b150-4f7f-aae6-3f8f70584a37131197229877749286.png
Stansted, Essex, England
Applications are currently being invited for the role of Standard Engineers within the Ryanair Engineering Department. Reporting to Line Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will be required to possess the technical expertise to carry out aircraft inspections, with a view to ensuring all aircraft are operating in an airworthy condition. They will be responsible for ensuring any aircraft technical defects are corrected in a timely manner, whilst bearing in mind our operational requirements. Their aim will be to maintain the highest levels of Airworthiness standards, fleet reliability and maximum serviceability.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Develop a survey / audit programme to continuously monitor the airworthiness status of our fleet of aircraft.
- Supply regular reports / KPI's as to the status of the fleet and the inspection programme.
- Liaise with the Planning Department to ensure aircraft availability for inspections.
- Selecting a relevant sample of aircraft and carrying out random aircraft surveys, focusing on key risk elements.
- Liaise with both Line and Heavy Maintenance, ensuring any defects encountered during inspections, are rectified at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensuring all maintenance has been carried out in accordance with the correct Airworthiness data and this data and its revision, has been recorded correctly both manually on our paperwork and electronically using AMOS.
- Ensure that the typical findings encountered during standardization inspections (SACA's) are published to the relevant personnel with a view to avoiding repeat findings.
- For repeat findings identify the root cause, corrective action and (most importantly) a preventative action plan to ensure cessation of the repeat finding.
- Ad hoc project work as requested by the Engineering Management team.
- Preferably hold an EASA Part 66 license (B1 or B1 / B2) with a type rating
- Have a working knowledge of both Part M and Part 145 air legislation.
- A knowledge of Safety Management Systems (SMS) is desirable.
- A willingness to work shift patterns as required.
- Flexible approach to working in fast changing environment.
To be considered for the role of Standards Engineer candidates must meet the following:
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Eligible to live and work in the EU.
- Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be a self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative and commitment.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and to adapt quickly within a dynamic situation.
- Ability to have a calm, measured response to sometimes urgent problem solving.
- Excellent computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) particularly in Excel.
Key Competencies / Skills Required:
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and flexible team member with the ability to work as part of a team, but also demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Full time
- EASA Part 66 - B2
Posted 14 May 2019
Closes 13 Jun 2019
This job was posted to: Licensed aircraft engineer