Advanced Lead Engineer - Fleet Management
- GE Aviation - 198 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Lead Field Engineer develops practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals.
In this role, you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilizing your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Serve as the primary GE on-site or mobile representative and Lead Program Manager (LPM) to assigned customer(s);
- Provide program leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the customer, user, and other GE field personnel in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned product lines;
- In certain operations within a region, a LPM may have additional team leader administrative responsibilities to coordinate internal field service activities;
- Perform duties as the LPM for all assigned GE product lines and assist the customer with technical understanding of the operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of multiple types of GE products;
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs;
- Apply Six Sigma analytical tools to assist the customer with proactive reliability and management;
- Assist customer with improving reliability and reducing cost of ownership;
- Provide single point of contact to the customer, customer team, and all other GE stakeholders;
- Assist the factory with data collection and timely reporting to facilitate fleet performance analysis, including marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for services, and support;
- Assist customer with spare parts ordering, issues resolution, and provisioning.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college;
- At least one additional year of experience in a field services or maintenance position;
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability;
- Demonstrated proficiency in repair troubleshooting, shop operations, and testing of assigned programs/hardware;
- Ability to make formal presentations to all audiences;
- Ability to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering, and management;
- Project management or supervisory experience is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence GE customer and peers.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
- Full time
Posted 12 May 2019
Closes 10 Jun 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager