- GE Aviation - 200 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
As a Test Operator, you will be responsible for the set up and running of production testing of Top Level and Sub Level F35 units.
Role will be in the Power Military - F35 Cell.
- Support for Test process, Vibration, ATP and ESS tests for Top Level Units and Sub Assemblies
- Accurate logging of failure data in FRACAS database and assisting with possible root cause fixes
- All aspects of setup of equipment to support test
- Compliance with and adherence to relevant processes and procedures
- The ability to identify trends and root cause to eliminate future fails
- The ability to formulate your own shift plan to deliver product in line with the MPS and customer requirements
- Knowledge of Electronics and circuitry and working in an Aerospace Electrical design and assembly environment
- PC literate
- Flexible working and shift work may be required
- Understanding / knowledge and appreciation of high voltage
- Takes ownership and responsibility for completing tasks
- Proactive self starter with a can do attitude
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS .
- Prior experience in a Production environment
- Experienced in accurately logging failure root cause and corrective action data
- Experience of following test procedures
- Understanding of Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), including vibration and thermal testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
- Full time
Posted 4 May 2019
Closes 2 Jun 2019
This job was posted to: Testing