Finance Manager - Fleet
- easyJet - 43 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 900 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
As a key member of the Operations Finance team, this role will report into the Senior Finance Manager for Fleet, Engineering & Maintenance providing analytical support to Fleet Procurement and accounting responsibilities to Finance. Alongside Finance this role also sits within the wider Operations Team and is a key business partnering role.
The key responsibilities are as follows;
Provides a true Business Partner framework to Fleet related operational teams ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. Strong business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider Finance team, Operations & commercial teams to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Provides financial support managing:
- Budget and Outlook Setting.
- Monthly reporting and analysis.
- Capex cash flow reporting
- Capex reporting for external quarterly reporting
- Weekly Re-forecasting within PBT model
- Business case evaluation and decision support.
- Ownership of 5yr Planning model
- Accounting technical support for ownership costs
- Ad-hoc projects.
Business Performance and Analytical support :
- Providing monthly detailed analysis and insight into the costs which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Responsibility for accurate weekly forecasting into consolidated PBT model
- Driving confidence in numbers and providing insight into risks and opportunities
- Driving continuous improvements in the operational and finance processes
- Demonstrates a good understanding of ownership costs
- Leads the team in developing a good understanding of ownership costs including the wider impact of decisions or delays
- Creation of budget pack for ownership costs and capex detailing variances for presentation to senior management and for fleet procurement.
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as decision support for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
Accounting & control:
- Responsible for the management of balance sheet position and review of reconciliations related to Fleet accounts
- Reviews full month end analysis detailing variances to plan and tracking the effectiveness of cost saving initiatives
- Responsible for the production of month end reporting packs and consolidated commentary for Ownership
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of responsibility; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
- Ensuring fleet transactions such as sale and leaseback deals are correctly accounted for within the financial statements and appropriate liaison is undertake with tax and treasury teams regarding implications on treatments
- Accountability for leased fleet positions on Anaplan lease accounting software package, including forecasts and actuals
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
As a member of the Core Finance team, the Finance Manager Fleet has responsibility for
- Management of two direct reports
- Maintaining effective cross functional relationships.
- Providing Management as part of the Operations Finance team.
- Providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders.
- Full time
Posted 29 Apr 2019
Closes 29 May 2019
This job was posted to: Airline finance