Junior Software Engineer
- Jet2.com - 144 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/jet2com/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/6347795b-7e5c-4fa1-b8a6-dc391d4988d8131134107358454754.png
Our business has been consistently growing year-on-year and your role is to ensure that our systems handle the increase in traffic gracefully while the features, performance and usability continue to improve over time.
What you'll be doing
You'll be joining a creative team in an agile, scrum environment. Your team will solve the technical challenges that shape the way we operate on our ecommerce platform, back-office systems and mobile apps. Together with your team, you'll be responsible for delivering high-quality developments across our two enterprise websites; Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays.
You'll be very hands-on and working with a fantastic team of .NET Developers. You will be included in design decisions and responsible for developing software that delivers great value to our business.
- Programming. You are confident in programming C#, having worked on several commercial projects. Your understanding of the MS tech stack enables you to develop code you are proud of.
- Web Development. You have experience developing successful websites and fully understand the interactions between browsers, web pages and servers
- SQL Server. You write efficient TSQL queries and associated data schemas
- Learning. You are aware of your strengths and weaknesses and are constantly looking for opportunities to improve your skills. You are keen to find a role where you can hone your skills and progress to the next level of your career
Who you are
- You love solving technical challenges.
- You will have a real passion for building quality software.
- You will be focused on growing your knowledge and making yourself even more skillful.
- You will be keen to share your passion and enthusiasm for the job with your teammates.
What we're offering
Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays have enjoyed continued success, becoming the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and 2nd largest UK tour operator respectively. We have won numerous awards for our industry-leading customer service, for example \"Travel Brand of the Year 2018\" at the \"Which? Awards 2018\". Ouroutstandingsuccess enables us to offer:
- Stimulating work with excellent progression opportunities for high performers.
- Excellent salaries.
- A discretionary bonus scheme.
- Discounted flights and holidays.
- Many other great benefits.
At Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays we understand that a diverse workforce enables us to provide a richer and more fulfilling working environment for our colleagues irrespective of any aspect of diversity. We believe in a culture that promotes equal opportunities for all colleagues. We also recognise that diversity enables us to attract and retain the best people.
Hours Per Week
IT Systems & Web Development
- Full time
Posted 9 Apr 2019
Closes 9 May 2019
This job was posted to: Software engineer