Finance Manager - Projects
- easyJet - 48 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 1,000 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
As a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team, this role will report into Senior Finance Manager for IT & Projects providing financial ownership for Project related costs. This role sits within the wider Financial Planning & Analysis team and is a key business partnering role.
- take a lead role in the monthly accounting and reporting process for projects and change.
- support the Senior Finance Manager for IT & Projects in business partnering the CIO in managing financial aspects of the change portfolio.
- Provide both current and future performance analysis and give guidance on Forecasts, Budgets and 5yr plans.
The key responsibilities are as follows.
Provides a true Business Partner framework to the Portfolio and Change team ensuring that business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. Strong business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including the wider finance team and individual Project Managers to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts. Business partner to Portfolio and Change ELT members
Provides financial support managing:
- Budget and Outlook setting
- Preparation and commentary on monthly reporting and analysis
- Weekly re-forecasting
- Ownership of 5yr Plan model for project financials
- Ad-hoc projects
Business Performance and Analytical support :
- Ownership for monthly detailed analysis and insight into project finances which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Ownership of the preparation of accurate forecasting for the annual budget, five year plan and the weekly consolidated PBT model.
- Preparation of a fortnightly reporting pack for the Investment Committee
- Oversees a governance framework, including responsibility for ensuring integrity of analysis, which assures the quality and accuracy of insight provision across the function and drives continuous improvements
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as lead decision support finance manager for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
- Business case review
Financial Accounting & control:
- Responsible for month end accounting
- Generates full month end analysis detailing variances to plan and tracking the effectiveness of cost saving initiatives
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of responsibility; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
- Responsible for the application of easyJet's internal labour capitalisation policy and ongoing review of the process.
- Responsible for the processes and controls over project financial reporting, including implementing process improvements.
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
- Designs, conducts, and directs other staff regarding project finance and analysis that produces actionable insights.
- Maintain effective cross functional relationships
- Providing Management as part of the Financial Planning & Analysis team
- Providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders
- Full time
Posted 3 Apr 2019
Closes 3 May 2019
This job was posted to: Airline finance