Finance Manager - Fuel
- easyJet - 48 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 900 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
As a key member of the Operations Finance team, this role will report into Senior Finance Manager for Fuel and Disruption providing financial ownership for Ground Handling costs, including line management of a direct report, to support the activities under the leadership of this role. This role also sits within the wider Operations Team and is a key business partnering role.
The key responsibilities are as follows;
Provides a true Business Partner framework to all cross functional areas involved in fuel (Flight Ops, Treasury, Finance, commercial) ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times and providing seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Provides financial support covering:
- Budget and Outlook Setting.
- Managing and understanding the lean initiatives and tracking delivery
- Review and comment on monthly reporting and analysis.
- Responsibility for integrity of fuel pricing
- Weekly Re-forecasting
- Ownership of 5yr Plan model for Fuel
- Ad Hoc projects
Business Performance and Analytical support :
- Ownership for monthly detailed analysis and insight into the costs which can be used to drive business performance and improve the cost base
- Responsibility for accurate weekly forecasting into consolidated PBT model
- Driving confidence in numbers and providing insight into risks and opportunities
- Leads the team in developing a good understanding of Fuel costs including the operational drivers
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as lead decision support finance manager for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
- Full ownership of 24 month forecast including, producing, reviewing and maintaining the rolling 24 month fuel usage forecasts at airport level, for use by Treasury in fuel hedging and surety of supply discussions with key fuel suppliers
- Interpret actual fuel costs vs budget and actual tankered amounts vs forecast variances to help optimise tankering and drive cost effective behaviour in fuel operations
- Work with Flight Operations to understand variations in fuel burn as part of the month end
- Develop a new forecasting model that will help improve fuel forecasting including tankering by station; actively engage in development of underlying systems and new Data Hub
- Driving continuous improvement opportunities in the end to end operational and financial, fuel process
- Creates budget pack for Fuel detailing variances for presentation to senior management and for fuel procurement.
- Drives Fuel lean meeting and delivery of management information
Financial Accounting & Control
- Ensure controls & analysis is in place to review that new airports, rates and any change in fuel suppliers and commodities are immediately captured to be able to account for these correctly.
- Review reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in a timely manner with supporting schedules and thorough understanding of the balance sheet position, managing risk and opportunities with the business.
- Develop analysis to understand the drivers of fuel variances including fuel burn and tinkering
- Generates full month end analysis detailing variances to plan and tracking the effectiveness of cost saving initiatives
- Responsible for the production of month end reporting packs and consolidated commentary for Fuel
- Ensuring the financial accuracy of the Group and entity Balance sheet for all areas of responsibility; including the timely production and review of all balance sheet reconciliations and journals in accordance with easyJet accounting policies
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
As a member of the Core Finance team, the Finance Manager Fuel has responsibility for
- Maintaining effective cross functional relationships.
- Providing Management as part of the Operations Finance Team
- Providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders.
- Mentoring junior members of the w
- Full time
Posted 30 Mar 2019
Closes 29 Apr 2019
This job was posted to: Airline finance