Finance Manager - Airports and Ground Handling Strategy
- easyJet - 48 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 900 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
As a key member of the Operations Finance team, this role will report into Senior Finance Manager for Airports and Ground Operations providing financial support for defining the long term strategy of Airport and Ground Handling costs. This role also sits within the wider Operations Team and is a key business partnering role with both regulatory team and airport development team.
The key responsibilities are as follows.
Provides a true Business Partner framework to Airport Development and Regulatory team ensuring that the business owners are supported with the right insight and information at all times. Strong business partnering with cross functional stakeholders including wider finance team, Operations & commercial teams to ensure seamless communication and integrity of results and forecasts.
Provides financial support including:
- Provide strategic insight into the 5 yr plan for airports and ground handling.
- Managing the lean strategy and delivery of initiatives in the longer term.
- Support and prepare future plans for Airport Forum
- Support wider Airports & Ground Handling team with direction of future deals
- Business case evaluation and decision support.
- Development and ownership of 5 to 10yr model to driving strategic cost focus
- Ad-hoc projects.
Business Performance and Analytical support :
- Ownership for detailed analysis and insight to support procurement & regulatory with the long term structure of charges and how they can be influenced to improve the cost base
- Driving confidence in numbers and providing insight into risks and opportunities
- Driving continuous improvements in the operational and finance processes
- Leads the team in developing regulation models to enable lobbying and challenging of airport structure of charges to enable the best possible outcome for easyjet.
- Owning the financial relationship with internal and external strategic partnerships in airports for example Strategic airports
- Creates budget pack detailing variances by country for presentation to senior management and for procurement for the current year.
- Provides financial evaluation and acts as lead decision support finance manager for ad-hoc projects and cost saving initiatives
People Leadership, Relationships and Influence
As a member of the Core Finance team, the Strategic Finance Manager has responsibility for
- Maintaining effective cross functional relationships.
- Providing Management as part of the Operations Finance team.
- Providing subject matter expertise to a diverse and demanding set of stakeholders.
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Full time
Posted 30 Mar 2019
Closes 29 Apr 2019
This job was posted to: Airline finance