Internship HR, Training & Development and Emergency Response/Special Project Management
- Lufthansa - 29 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Lufthansa Airlines offers students the chance to experience a dynamic working environment during an internship at our Americas headquarters in East Meadow, NY starting July 15, 2019 for 6 months.
All our interns are fully integrated into the team while working on their own projects as well as supporting the daily business.
The internship is split between two different departments. These are HR Training & Development on one hand and Emergency Response Management on the other.
In the HR, Training & Development department we manage training needs & people development, change management as well as the further development of our corporate culture. Your tasks may include the following:
- Contribute to the roll out and usage of electronic performance management and talent visibility tools
- Develop and support the HR cooperation across the different Lufthansa Group companies in the region
- Serve as interface between Lufthansa Airlines in the region and the European headquarters
- Support HR Manager in planning, scheduling and delivering HR concepts and special projects
- Support parts of the recruitment processes
The Emergency Response department prepares and trains employees to assist in case of an airline emergency. Your tasks may include the following:
- Support Emergency Response department in coordinating meetings, conferences and events (mainly workshops & trainings)
- Maintain the Emergency Response volunteer database, online platform & emergency notification system
Special Project Management includes the ad hoc coordination and implementation of focus topics. Currently, the focus is on CSR and the introduction of an employee based "help" and volunteer organization in the Americas.
- Coordination of the help alliance Americas Volunteer website which include regular review and updates
- Evaluation of CSR project applications submitted by employees
- Coordination of local help alliance Americas events
- Advanced students in psychology, business administration, social sciences or related studies
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information you can find here:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented, motivated, energetic personality, commitment to customer service
- Willing and able to handle emotionally demanding Emergency Response topics
- Ability to work independently and under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and self-organization
- Very good administrative skills; ability to handle different projects simultaneously
- Good knowledge of MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English
- International experience preferred, but not required
- Must fulfill all criteria to obtain a J-1 visa for the US
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is an aviation company with operations worldwide. In the financial year 2017, it generated revenue of EUR 35.6bn and employed an average of 128,856 staff. Deutsche Lufthansa AG is organized in the business segments Network Airlines, Point-to-Point Airlines, Aviation Services (comprising the segments Logistics, MRO and Catering), and Additional Businesses and Group Functions.
Please apply via Be- Apply under the job number P0198V2023
If this is you, please apply online.
- Full time
Posted 13 Mar 2019
Closes 12 Apr 2019
This job was posted to: Flight training