- Etihad Airways - 24 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/etihad-airways/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/b6bffdf3-2048-45e9-a036-2f4ac0517be4131100745701791860.png
Receive and handle Import/Export cargo/Mail in accordance with HM and Customer airline procedure manual, IATA, AHM and procedure of applicable regulation, including safety and security measures.
- Abide to all references of quality and/or standards that are laid out in different areas of service provision that meet the safety, operational and commercial objectives of the airline.
- Responsible for meeting inbound flights, handling of documents, and verification of inbound freight, manifest and AWB’s for all commodity types of cargo.
- Ensure administrative and operational control is exercised for the shipment of all Cargo including Dangerous Goods / Perishables / Valuables and any other cargo that require special handling.
- Assist with the raising and investigation of day to day irregularities of mishandled cargo and mail.
- Ensure offload and verification are done in a safe and secure manner.
- Raise irregularity reports where appropriate.
- Update the import log.
- Check that all import and export shipments, including post office mail, are safely and correctly stored in the warehouse; and ensure that the formality for storage is in compliance with the HM cargo operations manual.
- Accept cargo for air carriage, and prepare the required documentation for shipment, ensuring that shipment is ready for air carriage as stipulated in the HM Cargo Operations’ manual.
- Ensure that each package is labeled correctly with the appropriate cargo handling labels.
- Prepare load for respective flights as specified in the HM Cargo operations manual and deliver NOTOC in good time to the load controller.
- Support the Cargo Duty Officer on duty to administer the duties of Loader Drivers and Loader Porters. Ensure that they strictly adhered to company and airline notices at all times.
- Ensure that pre-alerts are actioned including temperature control/VAL/Pharma and requirements for chiller/freezer storage.
- Conduct any other related duties as may be required by line management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- IGCSE/O’ Level qualification *
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the aviation/cargo industry *
- Familiarity with the airline/warehouse operations is a plus
- Certification in dangerous goods awareness/acceptance (Training will be provided upon recruitment)
- Good computer literacy, with proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal competences- Able to effectively communicate with a wide range of people, including clients
- Good awareness of safety
- Customer service focused
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Sound multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team and efficiently under limited supervision
- Ability to operate competently in a fast-paced regulatory environment
* Or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Air Seychelles was established in 1978 and began long-haul service in 1983.
The airline currently offers international flights to Abu Dhabi, Antananarivo, Beijing, Johannesburg, Mauritius, Mumbai and Paris.
Air Seychelles also offers more than 200 domestic scheduled flights a week throughout the archipelago, including domestic charter services. As the national airline of the Republic of Seychelles, Air Seychelles is a pillar of tourism, the island nation’s strongest and growing economic sector.
The airline maintains a strategic partnership with Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates and 40 per cent stakeholder
- Full time
Posted 12 Feb 2019
Closes 14 Mar 2019
This job was posted to: Freight