- Carbon60 - 27 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/carbon60/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/9d8710ac-623f-49a3-b617-4f902d43d1cf131100744477221974.png
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
An opportunity for a CNC miller has arisen for our client based in Stevenage. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced and dynamic Digital Manufacturing team composed of highly critical machining repairs and new 3D printed aluminium parts.
If you are an experienced CNC miller and machinist with versatile skills and, would like to join a leading Aerospace player to make parts which are going to be launched in orbit or sent to Mars, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
* Your main responsibility will be to produce parts work from CAD models/drawing/design or engineer instructions.
* This will require you to perform operations on Band/Bar saws, Pillar drills and Guillotine as necessary and use manual electronic Machine tools as necessary.
* You will be responsible to deliver high quality parts on time and to drawing, and record information with required paperwork, this will include the use of measuring equipment to ensure product quality.
* You will be reporting to the Manufacturing Team Leader and your day-to-day task allocation will come from the Lead Machinist, Senior Machinist or Team Leader and you will be interfacing with Engineering, Design and Production Control Support departments/personnel as required.
* We will need your clear feedback on the progress of each project/product to the defined work schedule, milestones and hours budget for that specific hardware and your support in the development of apprentices.
* Part of your work will be to assist with maintaining machine reliability, root cause analysis of process and quality errors, and identifying improvement opportunities.
* The ability to program, set and operate manual electronic mills.
* The ability to program set and operate 3-axis CNC machines using Heidenhain controls
* Ability to work to close tolerances and a range of aerospace materials
* Lean principles
* CATIA machining environment
Education & Training
Minimum of ONC / NVQ 3level in a Manufacturing or Production discipline or recognised technician level apprenticeship.
Should you be interested on this opportunity please contact Denise Simao on or on + Apply. Please note: You will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
- Full time
Posted 5 Feb 2019
Closes 7 Mar 2019
This job was posted to: Tooling