Development Team Leader
- Jet2.com - 171 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/jet2com/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/6347795b-7e5c-4fa1-b8a6-dc391d4988d8131134107358454754.png
Our business has been consistently growing year-on-year and your role is to ensure that our systems handle the increase in traffic gracefully while the features, performance and usability continue to improve over time.
What you'll be doing
You'll be joining a creative team in an agile, scrum environment. Your team will solve the technical challenges that shape the way we operate on our ecommerce platform, back-office systems and mobile apps. Together with your team, you'll be responsible for delivering high-quality developments across our two enterprise websites; Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays.
You'll be very hands-on and working with a fantastic team of developers and testers. You will be included in design decisions and responsible for developing software that delivers great value to our business.
- You will be responsible for your team's delivery, clearly communicating progress with stakeholders and ensuring that excellent value is delivered to the business.
- You will motivate, inspire and lead a team of developers; setting challenging targets for your team and making sure they have everything they need to do their jobs well.
- You will have a passion for building high quality software.
- You will lead the mentoring of developers in your team, growing their knowledge and helping them to build their careers.
- Programming: You have a deep understanding of development in the Microsoft tech stack including C#, .NET 4.0+, Apply, MVC and Web API.
- Agile / scrum: You work in a fast-moving agile environment with minimum supervision. You happily adapt to change, mitigate risks and deliver software frequently.
- System design: You understand the compromises and subtleties in design decisions and their effect on the big picture. You have an in-depth understanding of different enterprise architectures and how to apply them.
- Test Driven Development: You have expert TDD skills and use your experience to reinforce good habits with your team members.
- SQL Server: You design performant schemas, write efficient queries and debug effectively. You understand how changes can be deployed without risk.
- Code Quality: You champion quality in your team, e.g. teaching the principles of clean code to junior team members.
What we're offering
Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays have enjoyed continued success, becoming the 3rd largest registered airline in the UK and 2nd largest UK tour operator respectively. We have won numerous awards for our industry-leading customer service, for example \"Travel Brand of the Year 2018\" at the \"Which? Awards 2018\". Ouroutstandingsuccess enables us to offer:
- Stimulating work with excellent progression opportunities for high performers.
- Excellent salaries.
- A discretionary bonus scheme.
- Discounted flights and holidays.
- Many other great benefits.
At Jet2 .com and Jet2holidays we understand that a diverse workforce enables us to provide a richer and more fulfilling working environment for our colleagues irrespective of any aspect of diversity. We believe in a culture that promotes equal opportunities for all colleagues. We also recognise that diversity enables us to attract and retain the best people.
Hours Per Week
IT Systems & Web Development
- Full time
Posted 23 Jan 2019
Closes 22 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager