- CTC Aviation - 9 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ctc-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/3f2fe977-3bf5-443c-8ee2-6b8e6b199e21131100744685181958.png
Listed: 11 January 2019
Closing: 27 January 2019
We are recruiting a Software Developer to provide critical support to our Software Development Team as Apply Developer.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the role is best suited to someone who is able to work on projects that are crucial to the operational effectiveness of the company. These projects will be based upon the following technology stack;
SQL Server inc stored procedures, analytical skills, profiler
TFS - Source code management
Core responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries
Essential skills and experience:
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Strong analytic skills, strategic vision, and logical approach to problem solving.
- Strong Transact SQL skills and experience of programming complex Stored Procedures working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience creating/maintaining web sites on Internet Information Services
- Knowledge of performing test driven development.
- Understands the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of SCRUM
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment, and be a highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task and have a high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Object Orientated Design.
- Full development life cycle experience.
- Strong knowledge of refactoring, including improving the design of existing code.
- Experience in large, complex system implementation projects
- An Interest in programming best practices
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and be autonomous and proactive in solving problems.
- Clear and concise documentation skills
The key focus of this role will be to take ownership of issues and take them through to resolution.
Qualification and educational requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience developing Apply MVC & web form applications.
Hours: Working 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Note: This advert is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
As part of this application you will provide us certain personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act. This information will be used for reviewing and assessing your application for this vacancy and shall be retained for a maximum of 12 months. Should you wish for your data to be deleted in respect of this application please contact the HR team.
If you can demonstrate your qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience match our requirements, we’d like to hear from you.
Please complete the application form below.
- Full time
Posted 12 Jan 2019
Closes 11 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT