- Etihad Airways - 8 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/etihad-airways/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/b6bffdf3-2048-45e9-a036-2f4ac0517be4131100745701791860.png
Perform maintenance activities to meet aircraft on-time performance and the highest possible standards of safety, quality and serviceability.
Conduct the technical handling of aircraft both in the hangar and on the line, within the scheduled ground time, and according to Air Seychelles and Customer Technical requirements.
AUTHORITY & RESPONSIBILITY
Has the authority and responsibility for the management and supervision of functions and activities within technical operations, ensuring the safety and security of operations, as well as communication and coordination with regulatory authorities. Has the authority to make decisions regarding risk tolerability with respect to safety and security of technical operations.
Has the authority to seek, retrieve and provide information under his/her jurisdiction in support of any security investigation. Has the authority to make decisions that affect the operational security of the airline, and an immediate escalation line shall be established with the Security office.
Has the full responsibility and authority to give orders to subordinated function to ensure technical operations according to Air Seychelles standards– especially in safety-crucial situations.
- Abide to all references of quality and/or standards that are laid out in different areas of service provision that meet the safety, operational and commercial objectives of the airline.
- Perform maintenance activities on both Air Seychelles and other operator’s aircrafts as per their Airworthiness requirements to meet the aircraft on-time performance and their highest possible standards of safety, quality and serviceability.
- Work with the Aircraft Maintenance Management to raise standards and influence efficiency of all Line and Base Maintenance Operations.
- Promote teamwork between all areas of contact (Crew, Airport staff, Customers/, Service Providers) to create an effective communication network.
- Perform riding Engineer duties as required to provide CRS cover for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance at line stations without the required AMO capability.
- Comply with all Air Seychelles and regulatory requirements as necessary to maintain individual authorization and license validity.
- Provide guidance and assistance to all maintenance personnel to maintain safe and effective working practices.
- Ensure all aircraft documentation is completed accurately with applicable maintenance data references and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all unused serviceable and unserviceable items are returned to stores with the completed and appropriate labels attached.
- Maintain familiarity with, and enforce and follow, the procedures stipulated in the Safety Management System (SMS) Manual. Actively participate in the workplace safety program.
- Support and encourage colleagues by being actively involved in the promotion of a positive reporting culture.
- Maintain a FOD-free working area and ensure work place is kept in a clean state at the end of duty.
- Perform any other related duties as may be deemed necessary by line management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Qualification in Aircraft Maintenance- Completion of an approved aircraft maintenance apprenticeship from a recognised organisation with a dual B1/B2 license a distinct advantage
- Valid EASA/SCAA B1 or B2 License with relevant aircraft type rating endorsed
- 7 years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance role in the aviation industry, with at least 2 years in line maintenance
- Familiarity with EASA and SCAA regulatory systems
- Good understanding of Safety Management Systems
- High level of organisational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, with fluency in English
- Excellent computer literacy, with competency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work efficiently within a team
- Committed to safety- Possesses a safety-conscious outlook to business
- Dedicated to delivering a high standard of customer service
- Prepared to work flexible hours when required and able to work to tight deadlines
Air Seychelles was established in 1978 and began long-haul service in 1983.
The airline currently offers international flights to Abu Dhabi, Antananarivo, Beijing, Johannesburg, Mauritius, Mumbai and Paris.
Air Seychelles also offers more than 200 domestic scheduled flights a week throughout the archipelago, including domestic charter services. As the national airline of the Republic of Seychelles, Air Seychelles is a pillar of tourism, the island nation’s strongest and growing economic sector.
- Full time
- EASA Part 66 - B2
Posted 12 Jan 2019
Closes 11 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Fabricator
Recommended, similar jobs
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of
Belfast, Antrim, Northern Ireland