Baggage Agents - London Stansted
- Jet2.com - 167 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/jet2com/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/6347795b-7e5c-4fa1-b8a6-dc391d4988d8131134107358454754.png
After our fantastic success in Summer 2018, we now have some great opportunities forBaggage Agents to join ourGround Operations TeamatLondon StanstedAirporton a Fixed Term Contract until the 3rd November 2019.
Reporting to the Back of House Supervisor Teams, this role provides operational support to our aircraft turnaround and ensures the safe and secure transportation of hold items. Key responsibilities include -
- Organising baggage as it arrives from the Check In Hall and ensuring the accurate and timely allocation of baggage and hold items to correct aircraft.
- Loading of baggage onto baggage carts and supporting the transportation of items to the aircraft whilst meeting set Service Level Agreements.
- Working with our Ramp Agent team to load the aircraft, adhering to loading instructions and weight & balance parameters.
- Unloading of inbound holdluggage and ensuring correct distribution onto our Baggage Carousels.
- Working to legal and company requirements; operating in a safe manner and maintaining a clear and safe working environment for you and your colleagues.
- Ensuring the delivery of an effective and friendly service that meets the needs of our customers and promotes our brand values.
Working in all weather conditions, as well as in the baggage make up area, this is a physically demanding role involving loading high volumes of items, up to 32kg in weight. Full training will be given.
This position involves working on a rostered shift basis(3 on, 3 off)and requires flexibility to support the operation. Shifts cover our24/7 operation, including weekends and bank holidays; rostered will be issued at least 4 weeks in advance. Our Baggage Agent positions are available on a 30 or 40 hour per week contract basis.
Successful candidates will already be demonstratingRole Modelbehaviours. With the ability to work to instruction accurately and with a positive and conscientious approach, you will be able to prioritise effectively and ensure the safety of our customers, yourself and your team.
You will also be required to have a full 5 year checkable employment/education history, satisfactory criminal record checksand valid photo ID.
For all our airside roles you must hold a full UK Manual Driving Licence and be able to pass a Medical, administered by the airport.
We offer acompetitive salaryas well asfull training, free car parkingandfantastic opportunities for progression in a growing business!
This is a great opportunity to be part of an exciting forward thinking business. We operate scheduled leisure flights to holiday destinations in the Mediterranean, the Canary Islands and to European Leisure Cities from our 9 UK bases.
Help us to send our all-important customers on holiday withJet2 .comandJet2holidays!!
Hours Per Week
Baggage Loader UK
- Full time
Posted 12 Jan 2019
Closes 11 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Baggage handler