Senior Manager - Airport Development
- easyJet - 57 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 900 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 90 million passengers a year, we employ over 14,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
The Airport Development Team manage a significant proportion of the total easyJet external spend (over £1bn per annum), covering all elements of airport charges. The Senior Manager (SM) is allocated a portfolio of airports, at which he/she is responsible for the management of the cost base. The team also work on initiatives to decrease cost and increase revenue. Supported by Airport Development Manager(s), the SM will ensure easyJet receives best value from its expenditure through contracts negotiation, supplier relationship management and work with regulators and other stakeholders.
The Senior Manager is expected to meet aggressive cost targets (whilst supporting business strategy, operational excellence and customer experience) through a self-starting, innovative, tenacious approach and effective stakeholder management/engagement.
The key responsibilities are as follows.
- Develop and implement clear short/mid /long term strategies to drive value on the airport spend at an allocated portfolio of airports. Proactively develop a pipeline of innovative initiatives to step change the cost base in his / her portfolio.
- Lead all Airport of the Future initiatives at his/her allocated airports responsible for agreeing and implementing initiatives
- Influence, develop understanding and work with a range of key internal stakeholders to support and buy in to chosen strategy.
- Build relationships at board level with airport owners to leverage easyJet's strategic importance, and subsequently negotiate airport charges that secure competitive advantage.
- Drive continuous improvement within the supply base, and deliver a pipeline of projects to reduce easyJet spend while maintaining service levels.
- Responsibility to help build and manage own budget, with expectation of taking ownership for financial performance against budget and five year plan, monitoring and investigating/explaining variances appropriately.
- Accountable for ensuring appropriate contracts are in place for all airports within the portfolio assigned, including diversion contracts.
- Work closely with Operations to agree clear service specifications to meet business requirements.
- Promote and support supplier management to ensure supplier relationships are developed.
- Leading Airport Development Manager(s) reporting to the SM; challenging, coaching, motivating and developing as appropriate.
- Managing workload across self and Airport Development Manager(s) reporting to the SM, acting as a point of escalation as appropriate.
- Drive business thinking and strategy to support easyJet's sustainable low cost principles.
- Working with Regulatory team and Country Directors and/or Commercial and Communications teams to influence stakeholders such as Regulators, Airport Boards and owners, politicians to prevent cost increase and realign structure of Airport charges to easyJet's advantage - this involves collaborative approach and long term strategy planning and implementation
- Leads input and gains 'authority to act' as required through Airport Forum including potential legal challenges
- Full time
Posted 10 Jan 2019
Closes 9 Feb 2019
This job was posted to: Airport manager